Paradigm Studio v2 VS. Vandersteen 2Ce Signature ?

I've recently been "auditioning" a pair of Studio 60 v3's and found their sound to be much more suitable to my taste in music over my current pair of Triangle Antal XS. I've not heard the Vandersteen speakers but heard they sound pretty good. Some negative comments I heard about the speakers is that they lack transparency and extention in the treble. Switching from a pair of Antals to these speakers sounds like it would be a complete opposite, but how do they compare against the Paradigm Studios? Who owns a pair of these 2Ce Signatures and how is their value rating? I'm using a pair of NAD C 272 mono blocks with an NAD DVD player. I listen to a range of music including rock, classical, electronic, folk, and more.
jwglista
Ouch...well, if you're in CA I can help out.
I think you should make a point of auditioning the speakers before you buy if you can. I know I listened to my 5s repeatedly in 3 systems before I decided to buy them. Even though the 2s are less expensive it may be worth a weekend trip to check them out and look at some other options as needed.
Good luck!

I'm wondering, for those of you who think the Paradigm Studio series is bright/harsh or whatever, what do you think of PSB's Stratus series? I own PSB Stratus Mini's ( aluminum tweeter just like the paradigms) and to me they sound bright sometimes. I am toying with the idea of getting some older model 2's like these for my living room system -http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1126026794- Iv'e seen even cheaper ones for about $350 a pair, and for that kind of price it may be worth it.

When I first got into hi fi someone recommended these speakers since I listen to a lot of hard rock and bass heavy music. I would go ahead and get them for my main system, but I'm in a VERY small bedroom, and im guessing the model 2's would overwhelm it. I'm curious if anyone has heard the older model 2 series, as well as PSB's stratus series and can tell me the differences. Thanks
I went the paradigm rout and they are a totally different speaker than the vandersteens. After listening to tubes and other high end speakers the paradigm are harsh in the high end and not pleasant to listen to over a long time or critically. Now with that being said I do like paradigm and think there lower stuff is a grate bang for the buck.

I had 2ce sigs and loved them, As far as transparent I don't know if a more transparent speaker in that price range. Had a dennon 3801, switched to adcom amps, big difference, switched to a AR pre amp again difference, went to quicksilver amps and better cables again huge difference. What I am trying to say is the speakers would reflect every change I made in the system and I grew with them allot. Many other brands the changes would of been muted because of the color of the speaker. Now with that being said to some people they sound dull but after you listen for a while you won’t think so they are just natural sounding and 90% of the speakers out there are bright. Oh the other nice thing is you can tune the speakers to the room there are adjustments on the back so if your room is a little bright or dull you can adjust the speaker a bit.
"90% of the speakers out there are bright." Totally agree - Paradigm and others rely on hyping frequencies to make up for a common design.
Band-Aids.
I've got the 2ceSigs paired with the Prima Luna Pro. 2 and the front end is the Cary 308 cdp.The paradigms I had were down scale from the studio series but the Vandys just blew them away in pure musicality.Totally agree that the vandys really will reveal how good the upstream units are