Frequency Response: 29Hz-45kHz +/-3dB
Physical Attributes:
1x - SEMIT Supertweeter
1x - EMIT Tweeter
1x - 3" Edgewound Voice Coil Polydome Midrange Driver
1x - 5" Polypropylene/graphite Diaphram Polygraph
2x - 12" Cast Frame , L/C Tuned Woofers
Dimensions: 59.5"H x 21.5"W" x 8"D

My room is 12'x12', I have $2500 budget and would like to play music off my computer. I need amp(s), a preamp, and a DAC i guess (is the DAC necessary at my low of a budget range?). I know my budget is low so I will be shopping for very used/old equipment. If anyone has any experience, suggestions, or words of wisdom, they would be very much so appreciated.
Thanks,
JT
jtiesel2
Those Kenwoods have alot of power, 300 for the L09 and 150 for the L07, but they will not produce the current needed to drive the Kappas.
New amp or new speakers, or listen at low levels.
Back to Jtiesel... I believe the Coda amps will drive these quite well and are nice sounding amps. Call Doug @ Coda, they will shoot you straight. Tim
Thanks,
I will be moving on, No Kappas in the house .
While I am sure they sound great with the right amps
there just not worth it for me.

Thanks for your input.

Jtiesel2,

get a class D, 2 * 1000 watts on 4 ohms from a dealer to try at home

and then tell us ... I think you will have a nice surprise
It depends on what you want and what your financial straight is. Any high quality solid state amp will do the job.

I would recommend that you try new amps, becouse they easily surpass the preformance of the loudspeaker.

I can recommend the Modwright KWA150 one amp or if you have to money you can use a pair to drive the Kappa 9's.

If you biamp I would certainly encourage you to use a vaccum tube amplifier for the midrange and tweeter like the older Sonic Frontiers Power 2 or Power 3. If you use another tube amp, make sure that the output transformer has two ohm or one ohm windings.

To make it sound that good you might spend not less money, becouse the amps I mentioned are not really cheap at Audiogon.