Frequency Response: 29Hz-45kHz +/-3dB
Physical Attributes:
1x - SEMIT Supertweeter
1x - EMIT Tweeter
1x - 3" Edgewound Voice Coil Polydome Midrange Driver
1x - 5" Polypropylene/graphite Diaphram Polygraph
2x - 12" Cast Frame , L/C Tuned Woofers
Dimensions: 59.5"H x 21.5"W" x 8"D

My room is 12'x12', I have $2500 budget and would like to play music off my computer. I need amp(s), a preamp, and a DAC i guess (is the DAC necessary at my low of a budget range?). I know my budget is low so I will be shopping for very used/old equipment. If anyone has any experience, suggestions, or words of wisdom, they would be very much so appreciated.
Thanks,
JT
jtiesel2
I was going to recommend an Aragon 4004 mkII.Those amps were even used in Discos(abused would be more accurate),but after reading the posts,I thought I better not.I just ran into this article.I'm familiar with the Apogee's amp blowing reputation. This article gives an idea of some amps that ought to be able to drive them. Link..[http://www.apogeespeakers.com/scintilla.htm]
Hifihvn,
Nice article, this as good as advice as one could give knowing the difficult load of the Kappa's. These are all nice sounding amps and some are even affordable.
how about some of the wyredforsound stuff

Class D & some say it sounds great. I talked tote them a while ago about how to power my kappa 8.1's & also a pair of 18in subs I was thinking of building & they stated they sell their amp for pro audio stuff to power sub's

I have been wanting to try a pair of 9.1's however my present amps aren't enough for my 8.1's so I need to wait. I started with a Adcom GFA-5500 & after getting married I switched to my now wife's amps, parasound HCA-1500a's. They sound a LOT better then my Adcom ever did especially when I bi-amp the speakers but I do not have enough amps due to needing them for the HT setup. So I think I will try the larger of the wyredforsound amps, probably try a multichannel amp so I can do 500x7 but due to money reasons, start 500x2. Then hopefully use that single chassis to bi amp my present speakers as well as power the surround speakers.

I thought somewhere there was a writeup on how to change the wiring on the 9's to eliminate the low ohm dip they take.
The wiring thing would be interesting to know more about if u can dig it up Viggen900 id appreciate it