Decware - any substance here?

With such a nice and extensively detailed website, I've long been curious about Decware. But with little in the way of genuine reviews, and not much in the way of discussion here, I always wonder if they are nothing more than that, a great website. They clearly have a dedicated fanbase, but my problem with the fanbase is this: most of them (not all of course) seem to have limited experience with products besides Decware, as if they stumbled upon Decware and never bothered with other brands. Maybe this is positive, that once experienced they don't have the typical audiophile itch to try other amps. I'm specifically struck by the new Torii MKIII push-pull amp, which in description and looks is just beautiful. So does it interest anyone here? Has anyone actually heard it, or it's previous incarnations? If so how does it rate amongst the other quality tube amps, whether Blue Circle, Cary, Vac, Almarro, Atma-Sphere, etc...?
128x128jtnicolosi
I just received my Decware amp, it was shipped Dec 23 and I got it this afternoon,and everything was in perfect condition.
The packaging was well done, double boxed, triple if you count the box the tubes came in.

So after a couple of hours to get the chill out of it I decided to tube and wire it into my system.

I have a dedicated 30 amp line into a Shunyata receptacle then into a Shunyata 20 amp Annaconda to the Hydra 2, and then a Python CX into the amp.

The speaker wires are Clear day single strand pos and neg to jumpered Ref 3A Grand Veena speakers.
I then used a Shunyata Annaconda to power my Audio Aero CD player and sent the signal via 20 foot RCA Audio Art interconnects to the Decware amp. The CD player is on another 30 amp line and into a HYdra 8.

One little wrinkle was that the inputs on the rca inputs are not marked and of course I got nothing out of the left channel until I plugged the interconnect over to the left side of the amp.There are two sets of inputs on the amp,but you need to plug into both the left side of the amp and the right side, you can't plug both into just the right side which is the norm with most amps,or at least in my logic.

In any event even after just ten minutes(I'll need 200 hours they say for it to come up to speed)this is a very surprising little sleeper.

I was expecting it to not have much reserve volume wise, but in my case there's room to spare on the dial!

Turning the nice shiny gold volume control on the top of the unit to 11 O'clock gets me to the same levels that I normally listen at with my regular mono blocks!
2 watts vs 1000 watts-I am amazed at what power you really need to listen at reasonable volume, granted my listening room is 22 x12 x8.

What I am very pleased with is the fact that the Ref 3A Grand Veena speakers can be added to the list of speakers that the Decware 2 watt single ended EL84 amp can drive.
And drive very nicely I must add.

So next it's back down for some more listening.

I'll post again in awhile with further ramblings.

So, I would have to say that there is some real substance with this product and if anyone with Grand Veenas wants to try a nice SET on the cheap and not feel short changed, give this little jewel a try.

They have a 30 day free trial, so no risk,,no risk of sending it back is more like it.

It's a great start to the New Year.
find the mini torii very enjoyable. also oun zdac with the gain stage which i find to be a fabulous combo. Gain stage acts almost like a preamp which can add body to a recording especially at lower to med volumes
I just ordered a pair this week. If nobody else weighs in (info on them is pretty scarce here), I'll report back once I get a few miles on them.
Soundgasm

Was it the ERRs you ordered? Curious if you have anything to report??
An audiophile friend of mine had a listen to my system with the new ZenSelectadded to the mix.

He felt it was the best amp he's heard in my quest for another amp for the Grand Veenas.

And I have another 180 hours for it to come up to speed!.
Finsup, yes, it's the ERR's which I ordered. I just got confirmation that they'll ship to me this Friday - I'll be sure to post back once they're up and running.