new tung sol kt 120

so there is now a new tube on the market , the new sensor tung sol kt 120, its got more power than even a kt 90, has any one heard it ? thanks, chris
chrissain
They work great in my new Jolida JD502P...I talked to everybody except the janitor (unless I DID talk to the janitor) at Jolida before risking transformer meltdown and was assured it was fine...they do run hotter than 6550s, but sound more refined with seemingly more dynamic range and treble accuracy than the 6550s...not as much physical "tube glow" since the grids are less exposed, but that's OK. I now have the original 6550's, KT120s, and a set of new Svetlana KT88s (just got those) for the damn thing so off I roll!
Damn Wolf that is a lot of tubes for the Jolida. I'm curious to know your findings on the Svetlana KT88 tubes with the 502P. When I went to one tube e-tailer inquiring about the Tung Sol KT-120 he said he won't be carrying the KT-120 but recommended the Penta KT-88SC for the Jolida. At $208 for the quad I'll keep them in mind but right now I'm focusing in on the KT-120.
My KT120s weren't that expensive, and they're back in the amp as of today. After comparing them to the other tubes I think I'm gonna hang with these for a while.
Just putting this out here as an FYI.

I know TC Tubes has a matching service for the Tung Sol KT-120 this could be another alternative. When I had corresponded with Jim McShane here is what he said about the matched Tung Sol KT-120s he sells.

"All tubes (even new) are carefully tested on my AVO
CT-160, TV-7 or B&K 747 testers. Power tubes are
tested and matched at real operating voltages, not
just with a tube tester.

The KT-120s are run in for at least 24 hours then tested at
465 volts on the plate and screen with -50 on the grid. They
are tested for grid current ("gas") and shorts while blazing hot from the match rig."

I hope this helps