new tung sol kt 120

so there is now a new tube on the market , the new sensor tung sol kt 120, its got more power than even a kt 90, has any one heard it ? thanks, chris
chrissain

Showing 4 responses by jedinite24

Anyone else care to share their thoughts on the Tung Sol KT-120 tubes in their gear?
Thanks Bifwynne for the update. I'm heeding your advice before ordering the KT-120 tubes. I'm checking with Jolida to see if the stock JD-502P can handle the Tung Sol KT-120 to be sure.
Damn Wolf that is a lot of tubes for the Jolida. I'm curious to know your findings on the Svetlana KT88 tubes with the 502P. When I went to one tube e-tailer inquiring about the Tung Sol KT-120 he said he won't be carrying the KT-120 but recommended the Penta KT-88SC for the Jolida. At $208 for the quad I'll keep them in mind but right now I'm focusing in on the KT-120.
Just putting this out here as an FYI.

I know TC Tubes has a matching service for the Tung Sol KT-120 this could be another alternative. When I had corresponded with Jim McShane here is what he said about the matched Tung Sol KT-120s he sells.

"All tubes (even new) are carefully tested on my AVO
CT-160, TV-7 or B&K 747 testers. Power tubes are
tested and matched at real operating voltages, not
just with a tube tester.

The KT-120s are run in for at least 24 hours then tested at
465 volts on the plate and screen with -50 on the grid. They
are tested for grid current ("gas") and shorts while blazing hot from the match rig."

I hope this helps