any audiophile guitarists out there?

be curious what guitar setup you have, and does anyone know if a Single Ended Triode guitar amp is out there? --my fender blues jr is 15watt, and will blow me out of the room, so power isn't an issue.

gibson sg into fender blues jr, celestion greenback driver, and lava cables (yes, cables made a difference)
128x128rhyno
Kijanki, One of the things that I have learnt over the years of playing is that it is FAR FAR harder to get a good sound out of a poor instrument than a great instrument... Which is why I suggested that you go and play a couple of good instruments. You may be able to get a better feel for what your abilities are ( which might make you decide to keep playing) and you may also be able to hear the improvement in the sound quality that the instrument gives off. Personally, I can easily tell the difference when I put on new strings and the quality and/or the gauge of said strings. To me, even string type and gauge makes a HUGE difference in my sound. As a beginner, a good instrument is even more important IMHO ..:0)
I might a beginner but not to instrument itself. I can appreciate presence, projection, sustain, separation and tone of good guitar. My lessons were to play classical notation but I've played guitar for a long time (on and off). As for strings - the best so far I found are:

Classical: Galli Strings Genius GR45 Titanio (Incredible!)
Acoustic: John Pearse Phosphor bronze light
Electric: Ernie Ball slinkies regular (lime)
Bass: Ken Smith Rock Masters medium.

I've tried pretty much most of available strings. Galli Genius Titanio are amazing - not only incredible sounding but also not breaking and lasting forever. John Pears is always good and Ernie Ball is common knowledge between professional players. Ken Smith Rock Masters are something special - superb definition.

As for tension - It doesn't make much sense to use light for electric guitar or bass but light for acoustic often makes sense. Regular tension not always plays better. Lower tension sometimes brings more sound (too much stress lowers vibration). Light tension also minimizes effect of "top loading" (wood deformation). Best for classical is normal tension with possibility of higher tension on G,B,E if guitar sounds better (not always).
Kijanki, so are you agreeing with me and you are just tired or burnt out or ?
I don't really understand your post as to why you are on the one hand saying you have lost interest and have no ability, yet on the other hand state you are a beginner and yet have played for years? I guess if you have lost interest due to not wanting to play anymore vs. not feeling like you are progressing well, then my earlier post as to a possible remedy would probably not be of any help.
At least you can sell the Martin for what you paid for it or more.
BTW, I feel slightly differently about strings, IMHO lights on an electric is usually the way to go and mids on an acoustic is also. My Taylor uses Elixir mids on it and it just BOOMS.
I'm tired of not making progress. I hope to find more time and patience (read: attention span) and move slowly forward. I have hard time to concentrate and to remember musical phrase but it will come with practice. I played more when I was young but it was time of the Beatles and Rolling Stones. Now I use Sibelius to enter and play with computer small classical pieces and Band in the Box to play acoustic or electric.

Yes I should sell Martin - it is practically new (sound not opened yet) but I just love this guitar. Martin is perfection. I can find some imperfections on my hand made Cordoba but not on Martin. Taylor is also top notch but I like more Martin deep "house sound" vs Taylor's open and bright sound. Part of the sound is saddle - extra hard synthetic (Corian) on Taylor and softer synthetic on Martin. I changed Martin saddle to Walrus Ivory and pins to brass - works quite well.
I have been playing into a Crate Vintage Club 30 for 15 years now. Sweetest class A EL34 tube amp i've heard. Sustain and crunch galore. Not the most precise but who cares when you hear that tone. Real spring reverb to boot. I am currently loving my Ibanez AS93 although I do miss my 1963 (revisted )Les Paul Classic Premium Plus Cinnamon Burst.