Class "D" amp? I do not have a clue. Do you?

I have been a serious audiophile for 30 years and class "D" audio is new to me. Most important, what do they sound like?
orpheus10
I leave my Class Ds on 24X7 also with little concern, except if I am away for more than a day or so I will turn them off.
"The ASP1000 module is worst in this respect being what....about 1/2 db down at 20khz w/4 ohm load?"

Magfan - you're right (just checked datasheet graphs) but 8 ohms have too much down and up by 1/4dB starting in less than 10kHz. My Rowlands 200ASC is a little better - it dives down about 1/4dB but comes back to 0dB at 35-40kHz. Phase shift over 20kHz is also smaller - effect of higher carrier frequency.

Mapman - I was turning everything OFF but now I have Furman Elite 20 PFI conditioner with non-sacrificial over and undervoltage protection and keep everything ON all the time. It clamps at much lower voltage than traditional MOV protection.
Another very good brand of class D amplifiers is H2O Audio. They use ICE moduals but are powered by a very beefy torroidal transformer based power supply.

I've recently tried the H2O mono amps driving the Magico V2 speakers. They mate very well together. Better I think, from a synnergistic standpoint, than the Pass XA100.5 mono amps because of the extra bass control and frequency balance. In general I don't think that the H2O amps neccessarily sound better than the Pass XA100.5, but in the case of the Magico speaker wanting power and control, the match with the H2O amps was very, very nice.
You may want to check out the Digital Amplifier Company's products. Many users have commented about the superiority of the DAC amps relative to ICE and UcD amps from Channel Islands, Wyred, etc. Massive linear pwr supplies.
While I am friends w/ the owner, feel free to take my comments w/ a grain of salt but there are many happy customers who have moved on from ICE/UcD much like the Spectron users have.
I'm still waiting to do a direct Spectron vs. DAC comparison.
"Tube pre before Class D" is a good mantra!

-Mike