NOS Tubes for Rogue Tempest II

Looking for some suggestions replacing the stock tubes. I want a little more transparency or pop yet retaining overall smoothness and good bass. I want to start with the 12AX7's and the 6SN7's first. I was told the Sylvania 6SN7 GTB would be a good one but there are several versions so I am a little confused. Also the same with the 12AX7 what is a good value without breaking the bank.
Ag insider logo xs@2xsamzx12
From what a mainly gather most people seem to like the 5751's better than the 12ax7. The two times I have tried 5751's in place of 12ax7's they sound more musical and focused.
The 5751's work well in my unit too. I like to roll tubes as it's give a very different presentation. I'm currently using Sylvania 3 mica black plates with some Mullard's and it's a very midrange centered presentation. Sometimes I like the GE triple mica black plates together with Valvo tubes and when I want things to sparkle I through in my Siemens combo. All have a very different sound. Each has some advantages and disadvantages. But ultimately it's up to you and what you prefer.
Hey Sam - my Telefunkens 12AX7 arrived today, and I'm liking them a lot.

I've been doing a lot of rolling the past several days (both 12AU7 and 12AX7/5751), but came full circle back to the RCA Clear Top 12AU7As now paired with the Telefunkens - this is a very nice combo. Airy, spacious and more high end sparkle than the Mullards (when paired with the same 12AU7s). I think I still prefer the GE 5 star 5751s to the Telefunkens, and the Telefunkens over the Mullards, but I'm going to stick with this combo for a while.
Hey thats good to hear about the 5751's over the Telefunkens. You might think differently ;) What do you like better about the 5751's? Are they more precise, less fuzzy, and focused or do the Telefunkens have more top end energy, etc....

I got my tall bottle NOS Sylvania 6SN7 GTB in last week and have listened for about 3 hrs or so. They are much better than the stock tube thats for sure. They are very open, airy, strike a nice balance from top to bottom. I don't find any one area where they are out of balance from what I can tell so far. I wonder what I may try next. I saw some rebadged Sylvania's for Baldwin on here for cheap. I think they are black plates made in the early 60's but I have a feeling the ones I have are better.

What are you using for power tubes?
It's hard to pinpoint differences in 5751 vs. 12AX7 for me, since individual tubes in each genre sound different (like the Mullards/TFs). But I think the 5751s image a bit better for me. Like, center images like vocals are more, well, centered, and there seems to be a bit more width. Not drastic differences though.

One thing I can say though, is I tried some variations with new production tubes (JJ Ecc82 gold pin, bare bones TungSol 12AX7) and that was largely disappointing. I wanted to like something new just for $ reasons, but no dice. The Mullards with the JJs turned out "OK" - not great, not terrible - but after a while listening got boring, so I moved on...

My power tubes are stock - EH KT90s. I've never tried changing them (and there don't seem to be many kinds of KT90s out there, and I need 8 of them so that can get pricey!).