Under $10k budget Preamp suggestion, please.

I'm upgrading my system and considering next preamp right now in this budget. If possible, I'd like to find ones having retail price around $5-8k. Here's my setup

Transport: Hiend music server using Digital balanced + Superclock as master
D/A: Esoteric D-05 slave to transport
Pre: Considering here.....
Power: Spectral DMA 180 (May change later)
Speaker: Rockport Ankaa

I'm considering Karan KA L at the moment since I couldn't think of better alternatives right now. I feel my system needs a bit more lower frequency for suitable tonal balance because D-05 has inferior bass comparing to Alpha DAC which almost fits in my system.
windowsx
Melbguy1,
The newer XP series preamps from Pass are better than the older X series. I had the X-1 and the now the XP-20 and the later is much better, though more expensive. Pass believes that the XP-10, a one-box unit is sonically superior to their former reference three-box X0.2. For less than $4K, I would look for a used XP-10. But I'm not sure I would mix Pass with Spectral. Why not at least listen to the Spectral preamp?
You're right Peterayer. Thanks for stepping in and commenting. The latest Pass amps have been reviewed as having a sonically neutral character, so I would have thought should work well with Windowsx's Spectral amp. I'd try to get loaner spectral & pass pre-amps and a-b test them with your existing rig.
Please take a look at the E.A.R. 912 preamp. I believe it can be had well under $10k and I highly recommend it. I've had it in my system as a loaner and I was very happy with it.

Has a remote and an excellent phono stage. Link: ear-usa.com

Do a search on it and read the reviews, competes with preamps well above it's price.
In reviewing your equipment; I don' see a need for a phone stage; if that is correct; perhaps Crad's response could be refined by the EAR 864; which is similiar to the EAR 912; but lacks a phono stage; it goes new for $5600; and used for less than that...
Ear gear...great sound, weird design. "Caveat Emptor"..when they go bang, they go "BANG".Email me is you want to see a photo of a destroyed EAR..