High Fidelity Cables CT-1designed by Rick Schultz

In December 2011,I wrote that High Fidelity cables led by cable designer Rick Schultz was putting together a new cable.The cable came to market as CT-1.The CT-1 has FINALLY made it into my system!I had obtained a version of the prototype that Rick had been working on.It blew my previous reference Genesis by Virtual Dynamics.I thought I had finally found my end with this cable.This prototype delivered to my ears "Nirvana".Could I be at the end of my quest for the ultimate sound?
No. I received two pairs of CT-1 to replace my prototypes.They went into the system this past Friday.Unable to dedicate time until Sunday listening,I stole a few moments,ducking away from company with anticipation.My guest could tell even with the music set for"ambiance"something was intriguing and I was in for a treat!
The experience:
First off,CT-1 was very user friendly.Installation was simple;the cable is very nice and light.The female RCA fit beautifully unlike any I had found in other cable.It was secure and reliable.It seemed much thought was dedicated to developing a designer fit to an aesthetically stunning RCA connector.Install entailed a few wiggles to ensure what seemed like a compression fit on my RCA.
It was 2-3 hrs. for the 1st step of break in to be complete.At that point I had something different!Today,although they only have 10-12 hrs. on them,I can`t put into words how much my system has transformed.Believe me,I loved my prototypes.However....there is simply no comparision.
The clarity and sound is so natural.
The soundstage is like nothing I ever heard.Resoulution is breathtaking and inner detail is simply hard to believe possible.
The sound has transended and now it simply does not seem as thought I have speakers.
My system is musicians playing music.
I am told with time they will improve and I trust that as it was revealed with the prototypes.I wanted to share my thoughts with you that now.
Unequivocally,a testament to High Fidelity,as the name declares.
High Fidelity Cables for me,the last word on it,after 12 hours!
Truly Amazing

Al
alpass
I am sorry gentleman, I was talking to TBG, He had some interest in the new Taralabs cables that I was Talking about weeks ago on a different thread,I also said to tBG to go to another thread to read what I was posting, BTW, Thats 26,000.00 for 8ft, I said, I am buying 6ft to save money, I did not mean for you guys to feel disrespected, LOL, That's why my post said, AT TBG!, gees, I apoligize to all of you, please forgive me.
I'm relieved that I wasn't the only one who got the wind knocked out of
over the misplaced post. Wouldn't it be great if there could be a comparison between the two. I tend to think that we would be comparing a new wire technology with something beyond wire.
BTW, Rick has developed a new super cable without wire just magnets all the way thru. The cost would make UR look like a bargain and a speaker cable would be more than my first house but the sound is an education into what wire is doing wrong.
I had the pleasure of demoing the high fidelity ct1 enhanced speaker cables and ultimate interconnects. The are clear, they have great prat and the give instruments great timbre. Love, these when listening to very quick jazz quartets. I think they are some of the better interconnects I have ever heard. They are worth the asking price because they get the job done. I have also listened to the tara labs 2 EX interconnects. They are great as well they very open and detailed. Life like. The prat on the ct1 is a little better. It is a matter of taste. The openness of the tara labs is ear attracting. They are both great cable makers. I think Rick Schultz is a great guy with a great product and technology in the ct1. I met him at the Lone star audiofest last year and he was raving about his cables and technology. At first, it was all over my head until I heard his cables and I was really wowed by them. I was able to have a in home long demo with them and I was very happy with the performance. They provide speed and clarity. Rick also was confident enough in his product to let me demo his cables and that is what separates him from a lot of others in this business. Great product and based on the sound and the quality I would recommend them to anyone looking for a great cable.
I have also done a demo of the tara labs 2EX with ism on board. They mated well with my vienna acoustics beethoven baby grand se I have. The ct1 mated better with the sonus faber liutos. Different cables work with different speakers. I would love to listen high fidelity cables new ultimate reference cables. I have heard that they are really good. I don't work for either company. I just love the things that both do. I want to also listen to the higher level tara labs. I was really impressed with the 2ex. I must admit though when you have a good person like Rick Schultz making a great cable like the ct1 line then you have hope for high end audio.
In closing, I think it is system dependent which ones you go with and the things you like in sound qualities in your system. Tara labs are a little more open and the ct1 have better prat. Just in case you ask. Yes I like and have listened to both extensively. This is my comparison review of the ct1 and the tara labs 2 ex with ism on board. As usual it just depends on all the other equipment and qualities you have and like in your audio system. Happy listening everyone. @everyone I'm talking to everyone lol.
Calvinj...thanks for your time and review...i don't know how the 2 stand from a price comparison but i can tell you that as you go up the HF chain the improvement is not linear.everything gets so much better. again..thanks for the comparison..
Hi Ddraundt, I am going to send you an E-mail to you about some of the New taralabs offerings that go on sale 5-1-14, you make up your mind what will be a game changer in cable design and sound when you read what I send you, then maybe go and listen for yourself, that is allways the best thing to do, what I will send you is not on the Taralabs web-site, nor will it ever be on the revised web-site 5-1-14 to the extent of the info I will send, the High-fidelity and Taralabs are all good cables, I am going this week-end to listen to the ultimats of high fidelity, I am taking my discontinued Taralabs Zero gold interconnects and Omega Gold speaker cables to par against High-fidelity's best, My cables are discontinued as of 5-1-14, to be replaced by a new cable that has 75% better bandwidth, it will be the second from the flag -ship cable, The new cable I will be getting is called, The Zero Evolution interconnect with HFX floating Ground station system and The Omega Evolution speaker cable, now High- fidelity fans here do not feel direspected!, that is not my intent, I am E-mailing this gentleman, Ddraudt mentioned a comparison, and NO!, I do not have some sort of hidden agenda, and I am not a Dealer!, that is the craziest thing I ever heard, LOL, I have an open mind to all cable brands, I want to learn about them all, That way I can be an asset to other members, I have recommended cables to others that was NOT Taralabs cables, Really, Really, there are boat loads of brands and sounds out there, people should learn to have an open mind to see what is possible with audio, cheers gentleman.