Amp Power Conditioner or not?

I was moving some equipment around and plugged my amp - MF NuVista M3 w/ Nordost El Dorado cable - directly into the wall for what I thought would be a few minutes. To my surprise it sounds better. More open, smoother, less conjested, more three-dimentional. I think I'm going to leave it that way.

Anyone else have the same experience?
grimace
Post removed 
Try a Furutech wall receptacle and you'll be suprised at the difference that makes.
Even though they helped in various ways, I gave up on the isolation transformers I was using; hum was too loud in my small room.
i have been through this too and it can be very frustrating. there is so much rhetoric on these forums and the audiophile press that can convince anyone that these products have no ill effects. you get them in your home and there is usually a wow factor right off but after a few days or maybe even weeks you notice something is not right, maybe it's dark, highs rolled off, bass is tubby, a metallic edge...just something sounds weird...then you read about the latest greatest...same story...

i have found one device i really love but hard to call it a power conditioner, more of a power bar with a potting mix that is supposed to work some magic. the acoustic revive rtp ultimate is the only power device i have found that does what it says it does. interestingly enough, it is probably the one that sounds the craziest if you read about it. pretty amazing product, sort of like the power conditioner for audiophiles who have given up on power conditioners. i have one for my front end and i just ordered one for my amp. i like it so much i ordered their power cable to try too. they drive me nuts too but thats another post...

there is no doubt that our systems cause havoc on the lines which already have issues when we plug in. it just comes down to how you want to balance the fixes and the problems.
A good way to test your system/power is to play at it 2 in the morning or some off hours. If it sounds better than during the day time, than you may want to try a power conditioner. Not sure about using amp though. I have mine plugged into a Running Springs Jacco. However, I have not tested this conditioner with an amp against the amp plugged into the wall outlet. I intend to, but freaking power cords can be so hard on the outlets sometimes.