Best Match for Dynaudio Contour S3.4?

Amp Budget $2400. Peachtree Nova Preamp/DAC, Ocos II speaker cables, and a short list of amps as follows; Odyssey Stratos Mono Extremes, Spectron Musician III MkII Se, Plinius P8 (modified), Mark Levinson 331.

I loved the sound of the Plinius 9200 paired with the Dyns, but I was not using the preamp section so I sold it. Might be regretting this... But now I am seeing if I can do the same or better for under $2400.

Who has some experience with any of these combinations that could opine here about their preferences and why. I listen to a lot of soft rock and blues mostly (Steely Dan, John Mayer, Buddy Guy, SRV, etc) as well as female vocalists (from Patricia Barber to Joss Stone and Sarah Vaughan). Well recorded jazz is cool, but classical is not my thing.

Thanks!
fredorama
Fredorama
For heaven sakes!..Why dont you audition a Pass labs X150.5 and be done with it.Its in your budget, mates extremely well with those speakers,great resale,great service,detail,musical,doesnt run hot,smaller size..comeon get in the game.IMO,it betters the Plinius and miles ahead of the ARC .Ya just wont listen to those who have been there..Your money,your time
Post removed 
I used the 9200 for some years with a Contour 1.3SE, and then with a C1, until I changed to Rowland.

I can understand the comment that Dyn amps may sound lacking in life with some speakers, but I can tell you for sure that the M8-SA102 sounds livelier, dynamic with more sparkle than a 9200 in exactly the same system.

I don't think you should put the SA100 in the same league as the SA102, they are simply not in the same category sonically. Rack space & heat is a bitch with the Plinius Class A, it was one reason I moved to Rowland rather than step up to the SA103 from the 9200.
Missioncoonery, I have no doubt that the X150.5 would end the present search. I was an idiot and passed up an opportunity to buy a used X150.5 for $2500 because I was away on vacation and not focused on it. And I had been looking for 3-4 months. They do not come up often. Anyway, I found one and was the first person to contact him. But then I stalled, as I thought I might be quite happy with the ARC (based heavily on the experience of someone who was using it with my same speakers) and I would have $900 left in my pocket to either keep, or maybe use to upgrade my preamp. These were my thoughts.

Noel, we are on the same page re the Plinius gear. And thanks for the clarification (from your experience) re the diffs between the 9200, the SA100 and the SA102. Space and heat!

Grant (Tvad) you are correct, it is not easy to audition used gear. Generally you just have to take the plunge. I Will keep you updated on the findings of the electrician, and my thoughts as to how to proceed from there. I did have a huge static shock that ran through the entire system about 4 months ago - the music literally cut out for a second, and I thought I had electrocuted myself. So maybe my wiring/circuits got damaged in the process. I checked my shorts and they were clean, so...close call!
Post removed