Most powerful and popular EL34 tube amp?

What woulg be your pick?
I am looking for a stereo tube amp based on EL-34 which should have enough power to drive 4ohm 89dB speakers.
128x128ihcho
I have 4 almost new Siemens EL34 tubes and a few more (4~6 Russian/Chinese) variants. If I go for monoblocks, sure I need to use 8 or more tubes, but I'd rather stick to a single steroe amp.
It might not save me whole a lot by sticking to EL34 tubes, so I would rather look for some other options too.

Thanks for all your responses.
I have heard the Ars Sonum at Merlin Music Systems and I was pretty impressed with the sound. I think it was about thirty watts but it did not sound like 30 watts to me at least. I believe that is an EL34 powered amp. I think it is lead free
The VTL Compact 100 monos come up from time to time and they are excellent amplifiers for $1,000 depending on condition and age of tubes with 4 EL34 output tubes per amplifier.

I used them to drive full range electrostatic speakers. They should drive your 89db speakers with ease.
If your speakers have biwire posts, it may be cheaper to use 2 smaller amps like ST-70's to biamp them.

John C.
I've not heard a better EL34 amp than the Music Reference RM9, which does have a 4 ohm tap.