Joule Electra LA 150 MK2 upgrade

Has anyone taken advantage of this newly offered factory upgrade? I would love to hear from anyone who has.
adampeter
I prefer the SE to the prevous MKII, it is better to my ears, but I could easily live with the MKII (non-SE). I'm not sure how much better the 300 might be, but I can tell you this, if you are not happy with the 150SE, you will at some point not be happy with the 300. The 150SE is aboout as good a linestage as anyone would need, once they've decided that it really about the music and the holy grail equipment syndrome really does get silly at some point, and I think I passed that point quite a while ago. For the cost of the 150MKII>>SE I think it is well worth doing, but do live with it for a long while and stop thinking of the next piece of equipment, you will already own one of the finest preamplifiers available. My 2cents and MHO.
Pubul57
Have you rolled any tubes through the 6JD8 or 12AX7 sockets in the Mkll or the SE?
It does not use those tubes; only 6350 and 6em7s (at least in the 150MKIIs) - I don't think there is any ground to be gained by using anything but Jud's NOS stash - GE's I think.
Well if those are tubes you need for phono, I really like the Amperex 6dj8 A-Frames which are still relatively cheap - but will they be quiet enough. For 12axs7s I would get RAM Labs Yugo Ei's that are pre-war versions and will be VERY quiet in a phono stage. Roger charges alot for tubes and service, but you get what you pay for.