Joule Electra LA 150 MK2 upgrade

Has anyone taken advantage of this newly offered factory upgrade? I would love to hear from anyone who has.
adampeter
I'am wondering the same thing. Member Donaudio had his Lap-150 Mkll upgraded to SE status, hopefully he'll show up here and share his impressions. In an e-mail he told me "it tightened everything up and improved the bass" and in his view was "well worth it".
I have the LAP-150MkII which I wanted to upgrade to the 300. However the phono section in the MkII doesn't have enough room for the Auricaps so I upgraded to the Sig. as I don't want want another piece of equipment around as I don't have room for it. I am very glad with the Sig upgrade as I feel it brings me 90% of the way to the 300. The best preamp I have owned. Don
I agree with Donaudio. I own LA-300ME and its the best, simpy the best preamp I ever owned. I owned before Capri by Jeff Rowland. Recently, I auditioned, for a few minutes admittedly, LA-150SE and its texture is almost identical to LA-300ME. "300" has better dynamics and clearly better bass - but not by much. I prefer "300" but it cost twice more then LA-150SE so for money its no brainer.

Mike
"I prefer "300" but it cost twice more then LA-150SE so for money its no brainer. "

Hello Mike,

Its diminishing return law. The more you invest then less (in percentage) you get but, but, BUT its very indivudual to find this point then "enough is enough". My point was "300". Today, I cannot imagine my system w/Spectron monoblocks and 802D B&W without its magic !

All The Best
Rafael