Audio Aero Prima vs. Resolution Audio Opus 21

We currently own the Prima, and have heard the Opus 21, though only for a short audition, and not in our home. Just curious what you might think of the differences? We love the warmth and intimacy of the Prima. It could perhaps dig a little deeper for increased dynamics and resolution. We may spend the $150 to try out the Opus 21, but my concern is having a non-tube player. There is a certain thinness and dryness to most digital that I don't care for. We would spend up to $3K as necessary, but are for a number of reasons apprehensive about the modded players.
We prefer the dimensionality and airy sound of the Prima to the pristine accuracy of say, the Audio Note CDP/DAC's.
Any thoughts and/or recommendations? Stick with what we have? Spring for a $1000 interconnect? OK, not so fast!
128x128boa2
Howard, I'm not having that shortcoming with my Prima as far as bass extension. I don't know what the rest of your system consists of, but if you're leaning toward the Prima, maybe you should try a pair of Harmonix Golden Performance ICs. When I upgraded to them from the Cardas Golden Ref (no slouch in the IC department) it was as if I gave my Prima a shot of steroids, opening the sound up top to bottom. And I mean: open. I started with their power cords and flipped. Had to do the ICs. Unbelievable, and less costly than the big boys. I know a few audiophools, who have traded in their Valhallas for the Harmonix.. Go figure...peace, warren
The PS Audio Powerplant with Multiwave II comes with Tubewave (this is a function inside of the Multiwave II), the Fan is optional, but you don't need it right away. My CD player and preamp only pull 90 together, but my friends Rogue tube preamp pulled 200watts, my other friends ARC VS55i and Meridian CD player pulls 150watts. The unit maxes out at ~230watts. so if you can see what the required voltage for you SET amp is and your CD player (my cd player manual listed a higher value than it actually used). Don't buy a PS Audio powerplant 300 without Multiwave II the upgrade cost is too much versus buying on already with it. The fan kit is $100 if you need it, depends on if you are able to run your integrated and cd player.

1markr: made a good suggestion about the Audio Aero Prima Dac as an option but later a good transport makes a huge difference in my experience.

fee free to email me through agon if you have questions abou t the ps audio.
You may want to try an Audio Magic Mini Digital for your front end. Worked for me, until the Audio Magic Eclipse. Now, it works even better.
You are going to find that the Audio Aero Cd players get the most votes hereabouts on most comparisons of Cd players in the same league.