Need to buy used integrated about 800 dollars

I have a NAD c372, whose power capacitors shorted.
This issue is a known potential problem within a certain production period.
United Radio in Syracuse currently has it for repair approval, their tech also stated that they were familiar with the issue.
The cost is about four hundred dollars to replace the four capacitors at about 50 dollars each plus labor.
I have come to expect even modest solid state units to last well over 10 years, but I con't feel confidant regarding this unit.
I see here, at Audiogon, a number of used integrateds under $1,000 that may be a better choise.
Whatever unit I end up with will be used to monitor in a studio mastering room. In other words, normal program material as opposed to tracking/recording where possible danage to equipment can happen from sudden high level sources.
Signal chain is computer files out, to pro audio sound card, to Benchmark DAC1 to whatever integrated I end-up with to a pair of Von Schweikert VR-2.
I would apprediate thw advice of the knowledgeable folks here, thank you.
phil
zetaviolin
Hi Tpreaves:

Thanks for the responce.
For sure I'm aware of you suggestion.
However, for my tastes and purposes regarding "Pro", that would mean, initially a power amp.
Most pro power amps don't suit my tastes for fidelity, plus I'd have to add a pre-amp - not because I can't interface the outputs of the DAC1 to a power amp, but I have needs that require other sources to interface at the power amp for client source, etc.
I just find that a decent low cost integrated sounds better.
Anyway, I hope to get some recommendations here.
I see several units for sale here... Opera, Marantz, etc, so we'll see if I can get some feedback.
Thank you,
Phil
zeta:
those nad amps are troublesome buggers, aren't they? just scanning through the ads i see a cary ca1 for 850 and a couple of arcam diva/arcam fmj around 600.(i love my arcam alpha). any of those would be a considerable step-up from your nad. i like the cambridge audio 840, too, though it won't sound radically different than the nad. bueno suerte.
Consider separates. See my ads for Adcom GFP-555 & GFA-555. Tons of power, built like a tank, under your budget.