Hegel Amplifiers

Tried asking this on various forums, but did not get enough information. If anyone visited the recent audio fests and have listened to Hegel amps - especially the H20 - please describe how you found the sound of the Hegel amps. Any comparison? This is one amp I have shortlisted besides the Parasound A21. Also considering Classe 2200. Did not hear any particular one.
Any feedback is appreciated.
128x128milpai
Either H2A or H20. Very much depend on what speakers you will mate with Hegel. To give you some ideas: H10 can drive KEF Reference 207/2 at ease in a room of W18 x L25 x H11. H2A is good enough for KEF Ref 205/2. Also tend to think a better source(digital or analogue) won't be a bad idea...

Dan
The new amp (whichever I get) will be used to drive my Quad 21L speakers. Please note that I am really not targeting high power. I want more "headroom" as they say. Should make the speakers sing with "ease" at low levels without affecting the music in a negative way. I mentioned in another thread about how I could easily make a difference in a pair of Silver i being driven by NAD VS Krell. There was a sense of "ease" when the PSBs were driven by Krell monoblocks.
And eventually down the years, I may upgrade my speakers. But I don't see that happening anytime soon. Not because of budget issue, but more so because I am very happy with my Quads.
To drive your Quad 21L, it is believed Hegel H2A(200W x 2 @8 ohms/350W x 2 @4 ohms) can get the job at ease(get your Quad well under control). H10/H20 would be too powerful in your existing system. To begin with, try not to connect any AC filter for your power amps, my 2 cents;)

Good luck
Dan
I understand from the Hegel site that the H20 is also 200W/channel. The H10 is 300W/channel and is a special edition.
My mistake, sorry...H2A(I heard) or H20 have similar specs and should be powerful enough in your system. On the other hand, H10 limited edition(I heard)or H4A seem to have similar specs and are powerful enough to drive a pair of KEF Reference 207/2!!!

About sonic signature, both Hegel amps can help when you expect more speed and control, a little more transparency but not brightness, more energy(like Densen amps) and less colorations of its own. More succesful match, for example, for H2A includes Aesthetix Janus(pre) and KEF Ref 205/2 with which the system was more "energetic", "lively", with more "extended" highs and lows, tonally well-balanced. But I would not use Hegel to drive ceramic cones...

Please see H10 pic in my virtual system;)
Good luck
Dan