Hegel Amplifiers

Tried asking this on various forums, but did not get enough information. If anyone visited the recent audio fests and have listened to Hegel amps - especially the H20 - please describe how you found the sound of the Hegel amps. Any comparison? This is one amp I have shortlisted besides the Parasound A21. Also considering Classe 2200. Did not hear any particular one.
Any feedback is appreciated.
128x128milpai
I have heard H2A and H10(Limited Edition)with various gears. If you look for fast, tight, well controlled, lesser colored presentations, they can compete with many much pricier power amps. Both are modestly priced comparing to other similar products, especially H2A which is powerful enough in your system, IMHO.

Best regards
Dan
I couldn't agree with you more Danwkw; The H2 is the hidden gem in the Hegel lineup and represents tremendous value for money. As for the H10, i didn't get a chance to listen to it but I thought it cost something like 9.000 euros here in the Eurozone.
It's a pity I couldn't compare Hegel H2A with Densen B-310 bi-amps the time I had them in our system. Yes, they are both hidden gems(as still modestly priced)with almost everything a power amp should provide. They couldn't help where "being harsh or too analytical/bright" are already dominating the sonic character of an audio system, my 2 cents.

Pls see my profile for some of their pics:)

Dan
Danwkw, good to know that at least 1 more person on this forum owns a Hegel. According to Hegel, the H20 is based on their H10 anniversary model and is the best amplifier from Hegel. There is not a single Hegel dealer near me where I can go and audition it. My system is neither bright or analytical. I am assuming that you have sold off the Hegel.
Either H2A or H20. Very much depend on what speakers you will mate with Hegel. To give you some ideas: H10 can drive KEF Reference 207/2 at ease in a room of W18 x L25 x H11. H2A is good enough for KEF Ref 205/2. Also tend to think a better source(digital or analogue) won't be a bad idea...

Dan