Hegel Amplifiers

Tried asking this on various forums, but did not get enough information. If anyone visited the recent audio fests and have listened to Hegel amps - especially the H20 - please describe how you found the sound of the Hegel amps. Any comparison? This is one amp I have shortlisted besides the Parasound A21. Also considering Classe 2200. Did not hear any particular one.
Any feedback is appreciated.
128x128milpai
Milpai, the Hegel is indeed a very good amplifier but in my experience, the Primare A33 and the Densen 330 were every bit as good and at a slightly lower price point; the Audia Flight 50 and the Chord SPM 650/1050 clearly outperformed it. The Parasound A21 is a very solid bet and probably one of the best in its price point. You really can't go wrong with it. Happy listening!
I can echo Jnk above. indeed for the level, the Densen sounded more engaging to me. You should note, however, that I was not listening critically.
I have heard H2A and H10(Limited Edition)with various gears. If you look for fast, tight, well controlled, lesser colored presentations, they can compete with many much pricier power amps. Both are modestly priced comparing to other similar products, especially H2A which is powerful enough in your system, IMHO.

Best regards
Dan
I couldn't agree with you more Danwkw; The H2 is the hidden gem in the Hegel lineup and represents tremendous value for money. As for the H10, i didn't get a chance to listen to it but I thought it cost something like 9.000 euros here in the Eurozone.
It's a pity I couldn't compare Hegel H2A with Densen B-310 bi-amps the time I had them in our system. Yes, they are both hidden gems(as still modestly priced)with almost everything a power amp should provide. They couldn't help where "being harsh or too analytical/bright" are already dominating the sonic character of an audio system, my 2 cents.

Pls see my profile for some of their pics:)

Dan