stereo amp vs monoblocks, any advantages?

Are there any advantages to using a pair of monoblocs as opposed to a single stereo amp, apart from extra power, that is. If so, what do you gain sonically from this?
thomastrouble
My experience with mono amps was with VTL on the tube side and ATI on the solid state side.. I tried the VTL ST-150 on my Maggies then switched to the MB250's. The ATI amps were the 15O WPC models. Those I tried stereo then bridged the two pair for mono operation. In both cases I heard better soundstage depth and separation. The imaging was better defined and just seemed to be more stable.
Thanks guys. Kojiki - are you sure about the twice better cable bit? My dealer told me the best length cable to have was 14 ft, but then again the 14ft length was all he had in stock (hehe). I hate the idea of my gear sitting between my speakers, and this might sound ridiculous but with the great soundstage and imaging I almost perceive the sound coming from the gear when it sits in the middle. I would like to have the gear off to the side with nothing in between the speakers but an imaginary artist /band etc. I posted a while back asking if it was ok to have one long 16ft cable and a 6ft one and everybody wrote in saying this would make no audible difference. Have you heard before that real short cables increase fidelity? On the face of it it to me would seem the shorter the better. As usual, I expect wildly differing opinions but I find it all interesting and I am always learning something, even if it sometimes leaves me even more confused, but the debate is all part of the fun hobby, as far as I am concerned.

Thanks guys.
Shorter cables are generally better.

So is better isolation between components and between components and external EM fields from nearby transformers, etc.

Minimizing these somehow are the factors to consider in a setup for best possible sound.

Also low level signals, like low level phono setups, are more susceptible than higher line level setups. Speaker connections are susceptible as well but to a lesser degree based on my experiences.
Thomastrouble - Different speaker (or IC) lengths are matter for another discussion but it is very difficult to sell them. If you believe that cable is detrimental to sound then effect is proportional to distance (capacitance, inductance, dielectric absorbtion, purity of metal, skin effect smearing etc.).

The only case I know where longer is better (in audio!!!) is digital cable that has optimal length at about 1.5m because if shorter - reflections come too soon (affects the same edge). Transmission line effect does not exist in audio frequencies therefore no reflections.

Dealers often claim that 1m interconnect is better than 0.5m because that's what they have in stock (0.5m is less common) but 0.5m is twice better (almost - connectors also play role).

As for clear space between speakers - why don't you paint stage on the wall and make paper cutouts of your favorite musicians. Change musicians according to record being played. It will improve imaging greatly (he he).