stereo amp vs monoblocks, any advantages?

Are there any advantages to using a pair of monoblocs as opposed to a single stereo amp, apart from extra power, that is. If so, what do you gain sonically from this?
thomastrouble
When you are buying a "Dual Mono" amp on a single chassis check on what they mean, the term is used very loosely, not consistent even with the same company. Some of the Musical Fidelity amps , for example, have two separate transformers, one for each channel, and others have one large for both. Both are called 'Dual Mono". The more parts of the amp that are shared between the channels the more they will interact with each other.
My Stereo IcePower amp has separate compartments for each channel. Each module has own regulated supply. Monoblocks still would be better because they shorten speaker cable.
Thanks guys - I still am not seeing that much of an advantage though. That is, on the flexibility of amp placement (I guess you mean you can have them off to the sides), but you would still be stuck because of the interconnects unless you bought longer ones (a disadvantage). I am new to all this but I wouldn't imagine dedicated power cords would make much of an audible difference, and Kojiki, you might gain in shorter speaker cable but lose in longer interconnects.

Anyway, just playing devils advocate here and am still not seeing much advantage, in fact I would call hauling around two blocks more of a disadvantage, still, I notice most of the serious audiophiles use monoblocks so there must be some real advantage.
Oh, Mapman, the point about the amp drawing and delivering more current - I have read that you should plug all your audio gear into the same circuit if possible, in that case it seems that there would be no benefit as you are still taking current from the same place. As I said, I am a newbee and might be missing something though.
Looking forward to hearing more on this.
Thanks so far guys.
Better isolation between left and right (lower noise potential and less distortion) is probably the most distinct advantage, but even so, either should sound very good and a very discriminating ear might be needed to really hear a difference, all other factors aside.

Two cords might be able to draw power more efficiently than one even on a single circuit, not certain about that though.

I think two circuits can be done in a manner that avoids possible issues like ground loop hum, etc. if needed. A single circuit for very high power amps might be a limiting factor though I believe.
Thomastrouble - with typical 1m interconnect it will shorten each speaker cable by 3' (1m). My 6' speaker cables would become 3' cables without changing interconnects. Twice shorter cable = twice better cable.