Kudos to Audio Research

Fixed at no charge! I bought used Ref 210s here on Audiogon about a year ago. Ordered a new tube set from ARC about 5 weeks ago. One 6550 output tube went bad and burned some circuitry. ARC fixed the problem, which was a lot more than just a blowen fuse, and shipped it back in a new box.

I really thought it was going to cost me $1,000.

After 30 hours the unit seems rock solid and sounds great.

Thanks Audio Research.
Terry
Ag insider logo xs@2xtdaudio
"I have to say that my experience with cj amps is exactly the opposite of Jwm's. I've owned cj amps for over 20 yrs, beginning with the MV75A1 and currently the LP 150 Ms. The amps have been like battleships and have never once had a bad or old tube take out the amplifier".

I previously owned the Premier 8A for over 5 years, and 3 CJ preamps. I have also had similar experiences. The 8A's were certainly built like battleships. Never a problem w/ the CJ gear for me.
The more reason to pick a quality manufacturer. I have email Krell for help on a amplifier and no response. Writing is on the wall there in my book, hunting for AR's as we speak.
I am happy that you had no problems with your CJ. I am just stating the facts. I received the new CJ's and right out of the box I had a failure. I am just stating that their protection is not great if you do have a problem. I had to send the amp back and did not get it back for one month. Several parts on the board were fried. The other amps I mentioned did not take out any parts when a tube failed.

I never had problems with Krell's service when dealing with Patrick. He always reply promptly whether it was an email or phone.

I had 3 different Krell amps and never a problem but cd player was another story.

In a year, multiple trips for repairs and 4 replacement units, finally I got an unit to work long enough where I can sell it. The problem is the Philip transport and it's a known problem. I guess priority is performance and not reliability.