Ideas for separates around $1500???

Hi all,

Sorry for the slightly confused post...

Trying to get a new amp for our living room and our current piece is just not working out ( Exposure 2010S -- too much RFI around our house -- just listed it here on Audiogon).

If I go integrated, we am interested in trying the Naim Nait 5i, but after reading this months TAS, I am intrigued by their match-up of the Odyssey Khartago and the Vincent SA-31. Combined, these are around the same price as the Nait, and will give me a touch of tubes, which I like, without the heat of the a full tube amplifier (infants and lots of exposed tubes didn't agree with each other)

What does the collective think? Any other ideas?
martyw
i agree -- don't see how changing equipment will help with that. check out hotrodaudiomods.com for some RF shielding
Have you looked into these:

econotweaks

http://www.econotweaks.com/2301/13215.html

do a search on Audio Asylum, if you're handy with a soldering iron you can make your own. Or 30 day home trial for $109.

or

ERS cloth from musicdirect.

The ET product I have. It definitely brought out the highs. Wasn't a night and day difference in my system, but I'm not going to return them.

The ERS cloth just across my DAC helped. I haven't had a chance to put it inside the component like you're suppose to. Just fooling around, but it did make a difference.

Although my girlfriend said she did like the change... it was too sparkly she said... I think she was just in a mood and being a contrarian.

Thanks for the ideas. Out of curiosity though, aren't some amps better/worse than others for dealing with RFI, independent of how good they are as an amplifier? It is a great stereophile class A amp, but for whatever reason, it is just picking up RFI when my Jolida tube amp didn't?
Marty...I am still unsure how you have determined that it is an RFI issue for sure? Secondly, if it is an RFI issue, not sure why you view RFI shielding through the use of power conditioners that have that feature or through other RFI shielding tweaks is a "rathole" any more than replacing your unit for separates. Just trying to better understand how you have arrived at your conclusions.