Tubes for Modulus 3A

I took delivery of a used Modulus 3a today. I have a Modulus 3 which will go to my second system upstairs. I am not happy with the sound of this preamp, it sounds a bit thin, not much bass. I replaced the tubes with new Sovtek 6922's, but I am still not there yet.

I don't want NOS tubes and want to keep the price low and I also don't want tubes that will die in a few months. Recommendations please? I want more bass!!!
128x128stereo5
Funny you mention this as that is exactly what I was planning on. Yesterday, I ordered the JJ6922 tubes from The Tube Store and when they arrive, I will put the EH6922 tubes from my Raysonic into the Modulus 3a and the JJ's will go into the Raysonic. I think it will be the best of both worlds. Although the EH6922 tubes sound good in the Raysonic, I think the JJ's will give me the exact sound I am looking for.

I will report back once the switches are made and the new tubes have broken in.
I use cryo'ed 6H23-EB's with Herbie Tube Dampers in my AI Mod3b. I also use 3 cones (points down) for isolation.

Tony
what is the difference between the 3a and 3b? There is no mention of the 3b on AI website.
The differnce between a 3a and 3b is about 12 months of wait time. All joking aside Art made severial refinements (I would need to review the manual) but I was never able to pin him down. That being said it's a great unit.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
Tony
Art Ferris called me this evening regarding a post I made about my secondary preamp the Modulus 3 (origional) I have a problem with one channel in the phono section and we had a great chat. He said their web site will be updated before the end of the year and that he is making the 3b now and it has much more refinements than the 3a. He did tell me to be careful regarding the EH6322 tubes as the newer ones are junk, perform poorly and microphonic as hell.

He really made my day!

Bob