Cary SLA 70 vs. Rocket 88

Looking for a nice tube amp under $1000. Any one have experience with these two? Thanks.
dumboat
I once owned the Rocket 88 and was deeply disappointed in it. I would by something (anything) else.
I have never owned the Rocket 88, but the SLA 70 is a very good performer for the price. Alittle older than some would like, but it packs a punch when you put nice drivers and power tubes in it.
I opened mine once with my repair man and the caps, direct wiring, all amazing. The amps transformers hold the power well and it still sings.
I also have one for sale. Interested?
Johnny
I don't know what techno means by dissappointed.. a little more specific would be helpful. But anything else? He must have bought one made on Monday by a hung over tech. I've got the R version and it beat out the last SS amps I had in my system (Nuforce, Usher - both considerably more wattage then the Rocket) for musical weight, extension and presentation. I think it's a great amp, as does pretty much every reviewer I've read who's heard it. Add to that switching on the fly for both speakers taps 4/8 ohm and output 30 triode/60 UL, rock-solid build, American servicing and great used prices -- not much not to like IMO.