Wanting separates but help needed .......

I have been pushing Focal 1037's with a Bat Integrated. I would like to upgrade to separates. I haven't a lot of knowledge as to were to go with today's amps / preamps. I have read a lot and tend to think that a Pass x250.5 and the new model 10 pre could be a good decision. Would McIntosh or others be a better choice? I'm in an area where you can't demo much ....... The rest of my system consists of:

EMM Labs - CDSA SE
2)JL Audio F113's
VPI SSMR
Aesthetix Rhea

Listening area is large - 32 x 40

Thank you in advance for the suggestions and guideance!
zenieth
"I have read a lot and tend to think that a Pass x250.5 and the new model 10 pre could be a good decision."

- You're absolutely right, it could.

"Would McIntosh or others be a better choice?"

- Absolutely could be.

I recognize that those answers aren't helpful, but the total exclusion of listening preferences from your post makes it almost impossible for anyone to help. Unless you can offer a personal listening profile, the best recommendations that anyone can make, is for components that they enjoy personally.
Because of the large area. I added the F113's and that helped tremendously. I thought more power might open up the soundstage. Am I not thinking correctly? I also have that upgrade bug that this hobby is notorious for implementing!
I'll try to shed a little on what I would like different from that of the integrated. The BAT is warm sounding and maybe a little too warm. I'm running Gray Plate CCA's in the front end. The highs are crisp and somewhat grainy. At high volumes the Focals seam to loose their "zeal" from lower listening levels. I hope this helps ........