Denon POA-1500 Stereo Amp

I am going to demo a semi vintage(80's plus)Denon POA-1500(150w/ch) stereo amp this Sunday. Found on C-list($235.00) and it appears from photos to be in excellant condition. I will be using it in conjunction with a Marantz 2252b to power a pair of Klipsch Forte's. I might consider using my Luxman R-115 as the preamp with this amp. Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill
128x128willland
I have not used them but they had a good reputation. The Japanese have always made good sounding products alongside their mass market products but they are often overlooked because of the former. I would get them if they were in good condition.
Bill,

I used a POA 1500 amp with a PRA 1000 preamp years ago. Very beautiful music from that pair. The reason I ceased using the POA 1500 was restricted current delivery. It would "crackle" when used at any reasonable volume with a speaker whose impedance dipped much below 8 ohms.

I am not personally familiar with the Klipsch speakers you are using, but if they are as efficient as many Klipsch speakers are then it may be a great combo.

Best of luck,

Phil
Will work well with Klipsch, but the amp is overkill. Just a matter of time and you blow out that speaker.
Thanks for all responses. How about using it to power a pair of Klipsch RF-63's? The 63's have a dip to 2.8 ohms @40 hertz. Do you think that it would be overkill with them. They are rated at 175w. I currently have a 200w/ch B&K Ref 4430 powering the 63's and an RC-64 center. I have used the B&K with the Forte's with no ill effects.

Bill