What isolation feet to use??

Hi everyone,
Just aquired an Aethetix Rhea and would like to know what isolation feet are being used other than the stock rubber ones?? Thanks
Richard
rnadelman
Hi and thanks for all the replies. I will now persue some of the ideas and look forward to the journey of choices.

thanks
richard
Jimjoyce25, would Marigo do money-back even if the footer has been taken apart? That would be funny.

Nikturner920, you input the expected weight, as well as the shape and size, and viscocity of the Sorbothane footer, and it outputs the resonant frequency, and the deflection ratio, and some other stuff. The idea is to calculate the lowest resonant frequency for the weight of your components. The footer should deflect between 50-80% of its height.

Then, for a professional result, put the Sorbothane in a small maple box (like this one: http://www.giftsbyginny.com/boxeswoodkeepsake.htm) and call it Nikturner's Magical Box and sell it for $900 per set of 4. :)
Another vote for Herbies products, the isocups are excellent and economical compared with stillpoints etc. Having said that, I have a number of products from Symposium, stillpoints, Herbies, the expensive ones bought 2nd hand on the Gon. With a new bit of kit, I just try them out and see which is best
Money back or not $800 for footers that look like a composite of sprockets and a rubber ?neoprene? decoupling washer is something only an audiophile would not take as a hysterically humorous joke.
You can get foams/ acousi type stuff batting, Felts etc of all types at a furniture restoration shop. Memory foam if dense if they will cut you a small piece cost me $5 a sqare foot by 2 inches thick. It is far and away much more costly than open cell ecccrate foams they also had, but would make those needed room treatments at 50cents a square foot are quite inexpensive.

My preamp is small. A sqaure foot x2 is adequate it is in my secret critical listening dungeon which is also a desgnated unused equipmentRoom. It is a controlled cool dry climate storage facitlity.

It also has anything that any one thinks can no longer be left out in the living quarters of my house. Childrens toys VHS esp. Barney tapes and every piece of hidioues Objet de Arte we have every had.I think I am being punished by the landlady for loving this hobby.
There is no WAF question it is absoluely object denied 404- unacceptable. I bought a chrome and champagne gold motif Jadis DA-60 after waiting for years to get one at the right price. I proudly thought the women who lives with me would be delighted. Right in the center stage of the living room . Her pleasure was unmitigated and demonstrated by her first question. The response " are you sure this is not on fire" it's very hot. I said the best way to know is just stick your fingers into the tube socket areas all the way look for any exposed metal wires thats the really only way to know. She walked away with her math and physics background un harmed don't worry.

Well I like it anyway. It sits on a danish solid maple floor compatment shelf box system, Other than stock feet it is devoid of any decoupling or resonance manipulation. I sneek two boards under my WAF TT. It is an MMF-5. I keep the VPI for myself. The TT cutting boards from the master sound smiths at Ikea are separated by Isolblocks and another set under the feet themselves. It accoplished nothing. My darling beloved son is nontheless shal I say not aware of his 14 y.o. body size at 5'10" and 210 lbs still going. He can lift any amp I own thank goodness but never remembers to play balletrina around the TT

Timbernation owes me a floating top tiger maple box in solid 2 inch stock. As I wrote before he has been very very slow. The update is his helper called me with reassurances but still no box hat come. Anyone want to do a group buy of alloys containg one or several metals brass broze copper tin lead steel antinony tungsten Einsteinuium or other truly special heavy metals. The effect on tubes is phenominal with the electron blue glow being channeled around but seems to cause metal fatiguw .

But I digress the special "heavy metal elements" are very very expensive and with a permit and surcurity clearance I imagine. Yes that was another feeble attempt at causing eyestrain humor.
In truth the limitations are existing pieces of stock alloy bar in the diameter and shape. For instance you can get hexagonal, square, half round, etc. you aren't required to buy it in one tone units just a bar on hand of variable length. Also can be bought as hollow bar or pipe to stuff yourself. The alloy you pick must come as fishished Smoothed, cut to length, and polished with or without platings and with or without standard screw size tops. Only If you want something more attractive than raw "pig" or ingot right from the smelting pot look.
Even though a fraction of the price of the usual brands it is by no means cheap. e-mail after you look up Speedy Metals, Which caters to small buyers. I would like to get some oversize monsters exaggerated for show.
Bright Star Audio Isonodes are very good for the money. However, one word of caution with the Isonodes - and many other "soft" footers, such as vibrapods - is that they may damage furniture finishes in some cases. I have also had good luck with the Herbies products and have found them safe with furniture finishes, but buyer beware on all such products.