Why manufactures don´t burn in their amps and ...

give a good (or the "right") powercord with their amps?

I´m tired to hear "you must it burn in min. 200 hours" or "it will sound better with the right powercord".

It´s like selling a Porsche which you can drive the first 5.000 miles only with 20 mph and youself must look for the "right" tires.

???

Thomas
tje
Most performance vehicles do require driving at limited RPM's for the first few thousand miles of seating the pistons. Porsche's is about 2000 miles. I would guess that manufactures don't break in audio gear because it takes 300-400 hours of constant running sometimes within the context of being within a system with a signal running through (speakers and amplifiers). Ultimately it probably just doesn't make economic sense. OTOH, I see no reason, given the modest cost of materials involved, for any high-end manufacturer to provide "better" power cords. Again, I'm sure the reason is economic in that the more they can keep manufacturing cost down the more appealing to the consumer, the better it may look in the face of competition, and the more potential profit. It's the kind of thing where if one manufacturer starts a trend, other's may follow.
If they include a power cord, they would not be able to stay at a competitive price for there gear. Also, many audiophiles already have a favorite power cord that they would use in place of the stock cord. I believe that a good power cord can make detectable difference, as always this is just my opinion and we audiophiles have been debating about power cords, speakers cables, and other tweaks for years, its just a matter of opinion.
Most factors/dynamics(with the exception of speaker system drivers) that are involved in "burn-in" will also diminish with idle time, and require another burn-in period. If a manufacturer turned out 2000 amplifiers, and ran them the 200hrs, to their peak performance(burned-in) level, he'd then have to charge you a percentage of the electric bill. AND: By the time the unit was sold; (in most instances)It would require another burn-in. A waste of time and money(though SOME do burn-in their products). There are many differences in peoples' tastes regarding their music presentation, and various presentations that can be had via different power cords. How would a manufacturer know if what he provided would suit your tastes? Most of us would be rolling our PCs, still looking for that last drop of resolution, sound stage, impact, silence(or whatever) anyway. Why should they bother? Then there are many that can't hear a difference(regardless of how audible and obvious, to those that can), or are so convinced it won't make any difference; they refuse to hear any. I can easily understand why most manufacturers don't bother with burn-in or providing upgraded PCs.
For those that are using price as an excuse... give me a break!! A manufacturer could easily burn in an amp with tubes, then replace those stock tubes for $10 or $20 each. Assuming the amp was over $1000 to begin with, that's an insignificant amount.

Same thing goes with power cords. It might cost hundreds of dollars for an audiophile to buy a power cord as a consumer, but the actual manufacture cost should be insignificant. Any maker of components should have the connection within the industry to source quality cords -- it doesn't matter if it's hospital grade, or audiophile grade, or if it uses a different type of wire or twist. Those are easy! Some companies might charge you $20/ft of silver wire, for instance, but do the calculations: a ft of .1" diameter (roughly 10 gage) pure silver, weight around half ounce; right now, silver is $14.5/ounce, which yields about $7 for the wire. Just to make the point that component manufacturers who could mass produce this stuff could conjure up a fancy pure silver cable with techflex pvc covers dressed up for under $50 (or maybe $20), depending on the connector.
Well, as always, there are 2 sides to any reasoning. The purely qualitative side of "burn in" is quite subjective in logic. New components will settle and ultimately interact synergistically so that the entire piece performs in unison. This is understood to occur via both a mathematical (calculated) and psychological (subjective) manner. Practically, the manufacturers know that owning a brand new piece is for many the first step in enjoying the hobby. Secondly, why would they interject an opinion that would divide their prospective clients? "Requires burn-in" impregnates (lol) ideas in many peoples heads that could confuse the way they want their product to radiate in prospective clients heads. They leave this to the voodoo of the hobby. You have to be very carefull how you market you product/ideas. After all, a fart in the wrong direction is only defined by which way the "wind" is blowing. Audiophiles are quite ruthless...especially with which fads are most prominent at the time.