Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Today I ordered both Arthur Williams/Jesse Hoggard and Leroy Jodie Pierson's APO Direct to Disc LP's from Acoustic Sounds. Thanks for the link Albertporter!

Tonight features several different artists starting with:

Ben Folds: Rockin' the Suberbs --3 sided Lp set on Epicrecords.2001

Larry Carlton's famous Alone/ But Never Alone--MCA 1986

The Jazz Crusaders : Live Sides ...Produced for Re-issue by Pete Welding ..A Blue Note Re-Issue

and:
David Frishberg- Cant take you nowhere.(Fantasy Records 1987)

Live Direct to Digital recording from Frishberg at the Great American Music Hall.SF, CA.

Frishberg is more of a Performer than true singer. His Piano and vocals go together very well in a story telling sort of way. This LP features songs by Duke Ellington, Count Bassie, Zoot Sims and his interpretations of songs by his hero...Frank Loesser! Funny Lyrics and entertaining piano/ vocals.
I havean old LP. It's a Gary Glitter one, titled simply "Giltter", and it's one of my favourite albums. Great drums, great music, a tremendous version of the 50's classic "Donna", Just a Hell of a fun record. Anyone else recall this or have it? I'd love to hear it on a mega-bucks system, although it sounds quite fine on mine.
Carl
It's been waaaay to hot of late to light up all the tubes in my listening room, but tonight we did:
Neil Young "Greatest Hits" (Reprise 48935-1/Classic Records 200g reissue) Listening to "Cowgirl", "Southern Man", and the great tunes from "Harvest" made me feel 16 again. But for me, "Harvest Moon", the final cut on side four really gets it done. What a great love song. Excellent pressing and a great job of remastering the greats from 1969-1970.

Holst "The Planets" von Karajan/Berlin (DG 2532 019) This particular reading of "The Planets" remains my favorite of the versions I own. The pacing, sonics and dynamic swings von Karajan coaxes from the Berlin Philharmonic lend the majesty and drama this composition deserves. Other versions I own are the Boult/New Philharmonia on Angel/EMI and the Davis/Toronto reading from Angel/EMI. Most would agree that the Previn/Los Angeles is the one to own, but not having that one to make a comparison, the DG remains my favorite.
the band "stage fright" (op), johnny cash "american recordings" (love that mono), an original pink island label jethro tull "stand up," and lastly a 1S/1S shaded dog mono of the heifetz sibelius violin concerto.