Quicksilver amp owners

Hello
Would/can anyone here describe the "Quicksilver" sound so to speak.
No dealers in my area.
Thanks
mcgarick
You might want to try the NOS Siemens EL34s from RAM Labs. They are much better than current production according to most listeners. They are also very long lasting. I use them in my RM9 SE amp and preferred them to the KT88 Reissues with my speakers. I'm not sure how hard QS is on tubes, depends on bias setting as well, but these Siemens are expected at least 10,000 hours on my amp - that is a lot of listening.
hi pubul57:

what is the cost of the siemens tubes ? what has been your experience with them, as to differences with respect to other el34s.

i am inclined to put in some oil filled caps.
I had a pair of 8417's back in the day and used them to drive three different speakers. They performed ridiculously well with all three.

A very efficient, midfi klipsch
The Martin Logan CLS
The Genesis III.

The quicksilver 8417 handled all of these load well, the last two being pretty demanding of an amp, especially the CLS. Great sound in all cases though. IIRC they held bias pretty well. I also have the full preamp and can say that all Quicksilver products are top value. Simple, reliable, no-nonsense.

I think I got back most of my original investment when I sold them about 12 years later, as well.
Update

I'm now using the Gold Lion KT-88's to great effect with the mid monos,I'm not using the minimax pre anymore, but my Accuphase solid state C-200 preamp, it all sound wonderfull together. Just not with the minimax pre,go figure...?
I too have midmonos. I have been using KT66 GL for 2 years. Thinking of using KT88's....how did they turn out down the road? I used KT88 in some minimites and they sounded terrible so I am a bit hesitant also now I am using a solid state pre....so, maybe
Thanks
T