Quicksilver amp owners

Hello
Would/can anyone here describe the "Quicksilver" sound so to speak.
No dealers in my area.
Thanks
mcgarick
I owned the 90 watt Silver Monos for a few years. The good points, (compared to the solid state Mac amp that I was also using in the same system during the same period)were the crystal clear midrange, and the 3-d dimension of voices. The bad part was the plummy bass, and the obviously uneven frequency response. (I was using Spendor SP100 speakers)
Roxy's description is right on. I had a pr. of the KT88 monos and they had pretty much the same sound.
I also had the KT88 monos. I agree with the above, however, with Quad esl 63's
they were an excellent match. Still, subs were desirable (and difficult).
To get the Quickies to stand up and bark, I put in some good caps, polystyrene to be exact, upgraded the power cord over the cheap lamp cord which was rotting away, and they do a great job on bass now. The misperception is that the bass is loose. They need Winged C tubes or JJ tubes to have tight bass, and the mods. I used mil spec caps, but the RT by REL (michael percy) should do the trick. They are .22/600volt types. The most important factor in bass is the matched damping factor from speaker to amp. The bass is very firm and tight on my Maggie 3.6 now. Jallen