One off my Audiopax 88s has gone up in smoke.

Does anyone know how to contact Eduardo de Lima as I really need a spare mains transformer.

One off my 88s has gone up in smoke. If anyone knows how to get in contact with Audiopax I would be very grateful?

I have tried www.audiopax.com but no reply.

System has been down since before Christmas!!

Any help on repair/rewind or circuit diagram for a 88 would be very well received.
chfs911
Just for the record: I also live in Brazil and visit Audiopax from time to time. After a period of reduced activity, they are back up to full steam and should be able to provide the service everyone expects from a company of this level!
Charles, I am glad to know that your problem has been solved.
If I understand it correctly, you have received upgraded amplifiers with new, improved transformers.
Audiopax has set up new service centers in Europe and the USA in order to respond faster to customer requests.
Have fun and enjoy the music.
best wishes
Carlos
Carlos,

Yes the voltage in UK is 240 V rather than the 230V spec in Europe. The new 88s have uprated transformers to the ones I had.

I notice they are much quieter with no signal through the Duos. Before I got some resonance in the heater transformer which was annoying in quieter moments of classical music.

This has been resolved. It is good to know there will be a service centre in Europe as I am sure there is a good market in the UK for Audiopax amplifiers.

I am enjoying replaying my music collection as these amps do sound better than my old ones.

Thanks again to Audiopax,

Charles
I have been watching this thread from afar, I own a Model 5; i would really wish them to succeed in this turnaround, as their products have a promising sound. lets keep fingers crossed!

egidius
Charles,

I am very happy to hear that you finally got your amplifiers fixed. I'm a little shocked, that after taking nearly two years to fixed your amps that you're thanking Audiopax. You are one patient and understanding individual. If it were me, I would sell those amps immediately while they are still working.