One off my Audiopax 88s has gone up in smoke.

Does anyone know how to contact Eduardo de Lima as I really need a spare mains transformer.

One off my 88s has gone up in smoke. If anyone knows how to get in contact with Audiopax I would be very grateful?

I have tried www.audiopax.com but no reply.

System has been down since before Christmas!!

Any help on repair/rewind or circuit diagram for a 88 would be very well received.
chfs911

Showing 13 responses by chfs911

That is a very old page when Ecosse was dealing with him.

That webpage is available for sale if you dig a bit deeper.

After 3 months I have tried most avenues.
Thanks for your replies guys. I sent the transformer off to TRS in Maine for a rewind. For some reason they have changed their minds and are refusing to rewind the Audiopax Transformer. Yes it is 230V but how hard can it be? Audionote.sg supplied me with a primary and secondary diagram but still not enough info for them.

I need to try and organise another rebuilt service in the US to save shipping it back and forth with no guarantee the work will get done.

I will follow up on the leads I have been sent and let you know how I get on. PITA as you guys say!
Keep the ideas coming guys I am following them all up on the slim chance I get my music back!
Eduardo de Silva has made contact so thank you all for your support.

I'll post when I get my music up and running again.

Charles
Well it is another month gone and I have decided to claim on my household new for old policy for fire damage.

I cannot believe a top end manufacturer does not support its products! These were less than 3 years old!

I'll let you know how I get on with my insurers.

Charles
Still no further forward with my 88s and it is almost Nov!

If anyone can help with a phone number for Eduardo that would be great?

No music for 10 months is really beginning to hurt now!

I had hoped things would be resolved by now but struggling to make contact again!

Charles
I was hoping to be up and running again for Christmas but they must have all gone to the beach! :O(

Anniversary of having no music and considering the future of my system now. Is it worth the hassle?

Frustrated Merry Christmas to you all.

I'll have to hum some tunes to keep me occupied over the holiday season.
Well it is now almost a year since I made contact with Audiopax and despite lots of promises I am no further forward!

15 month with no music. If anyone has any influence with Eduardo can you please ask him to expidite my repairs urgently?

I am loosing the will to get my system up and running again and am tempted to sell the lot.

Charles
I am looking at a PX-25 as a fall back. I have been busy with a new job so lets say it has not been top of my priorities over last few months.

The new web site says there will be service centres in US, Europe and Asia. Currently all servicing is at the factory.

Good Luck!

My system is just a fading memory in a distant past. Chin up old chap! :O(
All has gone quiet with Audiopax. I did receive a personal email promising to ship 2 replacement units. Then silence...............................

I am renewing my efforts of contacting them but does not look good.
Replied to email from Silvio Pereira so fingers crossed.

Service centre opening in Spain.

Charles
Well at 15.30 yesterday I fired up my Audiopax 88s and sat down in my big armchair.

The sound is better that I remembered and that's with the EMM Labs SACD rather than the turntable.

Eric Bibb is sounding just like he did earlier this year when I saw him in Edinburgh.

Just about to fire up the phono stage so it can heat up and I'll try some of that new vinyl I have bought!

Thanks go to Silvio for sorting me out and yes it was worth the wait! :O)
Carlos,

Yes the voltage in UK is 240 V rather than the 230V spec in Europe. The new 88s have uprated transformers to the ones I had.

I notice they are much quieter with no signal through the Duos. Before I got some resonance in the heater transformer which was annoying in quieter moments of classical music.

This has been resolved. It is good to know there will be a service centre in Europe as I am sure there is a good market in the UK for Audiopax amplifiers.

I am enjoying replaying my music collection as these amps do sound better than my old ones.

Thanks again to Audiopax,

Charles