No output on New LS26

I just hooked it up for the first time and have tried both outputs and CD and Proc Pass Thru and get no response from volume. Re hooked main amp back up to pre-pro and it works fine. Hooked up Grado headphone amp up to outputs and nothing. Hooked Grado up to Monitor and get bleed thru so a signal is present. Hooked grado up to record out and get full sound. The culprit appears to be the volume switch. Spent an hour on the phone with the dealer, we racked our brains. Life sometimes has a simple solution that you just don't see it. OH also tried reset procedure 4 times. SO any one have an idea before I box it back up. Hoping is just a tad of magic dust, mixed with sap of oak tree and a frog eye. Let me know what you think.
128x128theo
RHljazz, I guess I am the anal guy that always tells the dealer that I want the "wedding night" experience. So I have always asked to hand me a sealed box. This is the first dead unit I have ever received. On the exchange unit the dealer did take it out and it was playing when i arrived yesterday. We then took then dead unit and confirmed it was indeed, well passed on. We pulled the sheet over it's head and called the coroner.
Glad to hear that all ended well. I'd be happy to entomb the dead unit in my basement. Of couse, I might take it over to Audio Research for last rites beforehand. :)
Theo,please keep up updated as the unit breaks in. I'm interested in the ARC /Mac combo. It should be a good match. The pre will need about 400hrs. 250 hrs will be about 75% there.
Theo, it is so great to read the positive outcomes from dealing with great dealers and companies that stand behind their products. I hope you enjoy your unit!! Congrats.
Thanks to all for your responses. I am now just waiting for the "Break in". So far it is somewhat brittle in sound but just from the 25 hours I have of burn in ,I have noticed that edge is softening this morning already. I am
really hoping that there will be a positive synergy between the Mc and the ARC. Lord knows I better like it because I can't afford to make any changes for a long time.