Help me down grade

I used to spend a lot of time listening and enjoying my system (cj 11a, ai 3a, well tempered table with clearaudio wood, cary 303 hdch and energy vertitas 2.3s). I now listen to the system a few times a year. I'm getting married and have agreed to down grade to a "book shelf system" for space and $ considerations. My living room is very live. It has lots of windows, hard wood floors, and old plaster walls. I have found that tubes have been the only solution to mellow out the live room. So, is it possible to get a decent book self tube system for 1000 to 1500? Suggestions?

Andrew
andyth
Jolida 1301 or 1501 integrated, original Planet CD player and Epos M5 speakers would provide a respectable bookshelf system for those dollars.
Look at offerings from Signal Path/Era.
They have two integrateds that are tube hybrids and a couple of bookshelf speakers that would suit your needs.
don't negociate your music hobby....it will soon be one of the few things you do 'for yourself'. downgrading may create remorse or resentment down the road, and thats never good.

I agree with Jaybo. Totally. The next thing you know you will be relegated to the basement, with a single small chair positioned in the sweet spot.

Bring your wife into the photo. A small room represents an excellent opportunity to bet a really magical experience for a lot less money then it would take to fill a large room.

My advice, "think small but think big".