Thoughts on the best bang for the buck

Hi All,
I am looking to put together a system that will provide the best possible sound for the dollar (probably a common request) I am sold on the primary source, Apple TV and the speakers, Magnepan MG 12's but I'm not sure about the best DAC and amp.

My short list includes the Peachtree Decco or the Cambridge DACMagic & 640A integrated.

I have listened to the Decco with Apple TV and a pair of stand-mounted B&Ws and was really impressed with the sound. I love the design and the tube pre-amp, my concern is the 50wpc. I don't know if that will be sufficient to get the most out of the Maggies. I know the Decco has pre-outs but a stand-alone power amp to accompany the Decco would blow-out the budget. (most of my listening will be at low to moderate volumes)

I have not auditioned the Cambridge stuff (I don't think it's available locally) but I have read nothing but glowing reviews.

I would really appreciate any feedback; thanks in advance!
pduff
Yes, the Decco has preamp outputs and the Nova will have both preamp and line outputs so that it could be used as either a preamp and DAC or as a stand-alone DAC.

There's currently a lot of buzz about the quality of the DAC in the Nova but its introduction has been delayed until at least March so there's not much information about it yet. With more power, more inputs and outputs and the possibility of using the DAC separately, all for just $400 more than the Decco, it's bound to get a lot of attention when it does hit the street.
I was thinking the same thing. I could build the system in steps. My current speakers are a pair of Acoustic Energy Aesprit 300's (bookshelf, 6.5" woofer, etc) which would likely be a very nice match for the Decco. I could run that combo for a while then look for a used bargain on a power amp to accompany the Maggies-

thanks again for the help-
Pat
I doubt you'll find the Decco discounted anywhere and would recommend buying locally if you have a dealer. If you do need to buy online there are two dealers for the Decco I've had great experience with, MusicDirect and Underwood HiFi.

I ordered mine from MusicDirect because they had a refurbished unit listed. When it arrived the packing slip indicated it was a new unit rather than a refurbished one. When I called them about it they said it turned out they didn't have a refurbished in stock any more so they just sent a new one at the refurbished price. Most other places would have cancelled my order and asked if I wanted one at the new price. They didn't even contact me, just shipped a new one without asking.
So for the price of a refurb unit $500 does the decco then become a great buy? I am interested in one and was wondering about the dac