Girlfriends and wifes, how do YOU cope?

I would be very interested in finding out how one manages to justify (or sneak in the home) expensive audio equipment without having to sell your soul to the Devil? It's quite a challenge for many of us I think. I heard of someone buying a Bel Canto DAC and telling his girlfriend that " Oh it's just a $ 100.00 power conditionner", or whatever. Seem like we need to get creative here if we can pursue this crazy hobby much longer! Regards All...
ampman66
Upon seeing the fiberglass absorption panels I'd just brought into the living room (with wife approval), my best friend said, "You know, marrying her has only given you a higher pole on which to fly your freak flag."
Spend half the budget on jewelry or equivalent for the lady and buy used with the remainder.

In my case, audio is my main hobby that costs $$$s, and I treat my wife right, so she does not mind when I indulge on occasion.
The system MUST play HEAVY METAL! Well!

Especially in the car so I can p*** off all those trunk rattling gangster wannabe's in traffic with real music.

Yours truly,
Via my wife

Andrew
Synesthesia Studios
It's your money. If she complains, buy something else to go with your first purchase. Just be sure you know how to manage money...or it'll manage you.