Girlfriends and wifes, how do YOU cope?

I would be very interested in finding out how one manages to justify (or sneak in the home) expensive audio equipment without having to sell your soul to the Devil? It's quite a challenge for many of us I think. I heard of someone buying a Bel Canto DAC and telling his girlfriend that " Oh it's just a $ 100.00 power conditionner", or whatever. Seem like we need to get creative here if we can pursue this crazy hobby much longer! Regards All...
ampman66
Stupid!? Not at all. It is just a subject in which they IN GENERAL have little interest, or if they do have an interest, they do not understand the kind of money we (I am) are ready to put into it.

It is a gender issue IMO. Just like there is some music that men prefer IN GENERAL and other that women prefer IN GENERAL. Studidity has nothing to do with it.
Bombaywalla,

You might also answer that I'm the one who might be stupid spending so much money on sound (I would if I did not keep the spending under control), and you would have a good point.
they do not understand the kind of money we (I am) are ready to put into it.
Likewise, how 'bout us understanding the kind of money they invest in buying coloured @!X?@ stones stuck onto @!X?@ metal trinkets they then proceed stick into, or hang from, any available...???
Why are diamonds a girl's best friend -- rather than her husband(s) or her dog(s)???:)