Girlfriends and wifes, how do YOU cope?

I would be very interested in finding out how one manages to justify (or sneak in the home) expensive audio equipment without having to sell your soul to the Devil? It's quite a challenge for many of us I think. I heard of someone buying a Bel Canto DAC and telling his girlfriend that " Oh it's just a $ 100.00 power conditionner", or whatever. Seem like we need to get creative here if we can pursue this crazy hobby much longer! Regards All...
ampman66
There are three main things I spend large sums of money on:

1) wife
2) kids
3) house and related maintenance

That's a fair deal that everyone seems happy with, including me for the most part.

Actually, the money I spend on the music and audio pales in comparison to these main areas, as it probably should be and it is a good investment I would say that keeps me well entertained and cheerful.

If only Al Bundy had a nice stereo......

Dear, i could always sell all my gear and play golf or go ski with my pals....then you would be alone taking care of the house and kids :)
Ha, that's a good one Albert, no basement!

Yeah, no basement THAT ANYONE KNOWS ABOUT!!

(Hope that wasn't too creepy in light of current events...or in the fact that it may tend to imply that your system isn't your REAL system...Just imagine that!)
Zaike,
Would you suggest I make my basement known, because there is this obsessive thought that my wife is not my REAL wife?