Girlfriends and wifes, how do YOU cope?

I would be very interested in finding out how one manages to justify (or sneak in the home) expensive audio equipment without having to sell your soul to the Devil? It's quite a challenge for many of us I think. I heard of someone buying a Bel Canto DAC and telling his girlfriend that " Oh it's just a $ 100.00 power conditionner", or whatever. Seem like we need to get creative here if we can pursue this crazy hobby much longer! Regards All...
ampman66
Treece,

I had the same problem in a room we converted into a library. The bookshelves were built in and mahogany. I found the Von Schweikert VR-1s matched the wood almost perfectly and sit in the bookshelves. They have different finishes, but I like this one. I would not have believed it beforehand, but the sound is great. The speakers disappear! They can sit back against the front wall. The stands are nice looking too. Just a thought for you.
Well actually it's easy when the new speakers that you're bringing into the house are the same brand and color as the previous ones...I had Merlin TSM M's in studio finish...I just brought in a pair (after Mrs. Lucky) had left for work in the morning...the new speakers are TSM MM's in studio finish...they are dead ringers for the originals....of course replacing the center channel B & W CDM 1 with another Merlin TSM MM was a little concern...but since they are both black she hasn't noticed the B & W being replaced....Heck she never even notices when I get a new snowmobile as long as it's the same color...she's totally oblivious to model numbers...or anything as a matter of fact...the perfect wife and you can't have her
1. First of all tell her that women have better hearing than men - this is in fact true, and one of those few times women claim they are superior and are. follow it up by saying the system is for her too as a result of this.
2. Following on from the above demonstrate the alternative by locking up the hi-fi and going out with your mates (preferably bawdy) all night and coming back drunk.
3. If all else fails put on some smooth music, seduce her, and ravish her with your system playing - that should do the trick.

They all work

Lohan
For a long time I had the typical problem of "is it wife friendly" WHERE ARE WE GOING TO PUT THAT OR THEY DO'NT LOOK RIGHT.If you can, get your own audio room,any where in the house. It really helps. MAXWELL
In my house wifely input on things purchased is directly proportionate to money earned. Wife's salary=0 therefore input = 0.
All kidding aside. She is not the type to begrudge me anything. I married well. So did she.