What processor?

I've decided to go with seperates using a Parasound 5250. What pre/pro with the new lossless formats would match well with the amp? any suggestions and why, thanks.
stramons1
Kal - agreed - however Audioblazers questioned was do I decode in my BD player or do I replace my pre/pro so I can use it for decoding.

Given the decision he is trying to make and the fact that one can decode at either end (ie neither solution is "better"), I think that the cabling implications of this decision are important to consider.
Hi Kal and Ckorody thanks for your feedback. What is your opinion of using a processor like halcro ssp 220 who does not decode latest codec but combine it with bluray which decode the latest codec and output via PCM. Anybody has tried Marantz 8003? How do you like it?
I am sure that the Halcro will work fine.

Suggest you look at the Panasonic 30,35,50 and 55 or the Sony S550 for bang for the buck.

Haven't heard the Marantz but they have had an excellent rep for a long time. Looking at the spec sheet the main difference seems to be that the Marantz has an Anchor Bay video processor which is newer then the Reon in the Integra.

FWIW Oppo's highly acclaimed 583 also uses Anchor Bay technology. However as I have discussed elsewhere, unless you have legacy sources like a nonupsampling DVD, a VHS deck or a Laser Disc player you will probably never use the technology.

Other then that, I suspect that the Integra and the Marantz are probably close enough in performance and features that price is a reasonable deciding factor. Put another way its not at all clear to me what makes it worth twice as much as a 9.8

IMHO you would be better served to invest the difference in HDMI sources.
Integra had Audyssey MultEQ XT with the option of using the AudysseyPro software.

Marantz has the less potent MultEQ.

Kal
Looks like it will be integra 9.8 then. Got to source a 240v version online as integra is not available where I come from. Thks for the feedbacks thus far. Happy listening