Warmish SS pre:Rowland Synergy IIi preamp/others?

I am looking for a slightly warmish SS pre. I have pretty much narrowed it down to a pre in the $2000-$3000 used range. The best preamp I have yet tried (solid state) is a Classe CP-700, but it is out of my price range, used. I am looking at a CP-500, amongst others. What about the Rowland Synergy IIi? I couldn't find much around here. Pass X-1 was another option, but I was worried that it might be a little thin. I don't want a really thin sound, but something akin to a slight tube "ease" and musicality, but in a SS preamp. The Classe was very nice, and about the sound I was looking for. Other suggestions?

After listening to several preamps, I have come to the conclusion that a tube pre just won't work in my system. Every one I have tried has produced audible (at the listening position) hiss. This includes some very well regarded units up to $6K retail. Efficient speakers and 1v input sensitivity of the amp seems to be amplifying the background tube hiss. I listened to an I had a previous thread going, but that was before I had listened to some stuff and knew about the sound I was going for.

Amps are McCormack DNA-125 Rev. Gold, nice detailed SS sound, but still full.
chiho
I use Synergy IIi with Sonus Faber Cremona. Would not label the sound as 'warm' but it is definitely not 'thin'. To my ears the overall sound is 'musical' without drawing attention to itself. The Synergy IIi is designed to drive 600 ohm loads; thus a poweramp with lower input impedance is not a problem.
Post removed 
Okay, maybe not "warm" but not "thin". I haven't liked MF pieces in the past, for that very reason. OTOH, the McCormack seems to be an amp that isn't thin at all, but still powerful. Rowland seems to get this characterization as well, as does Classe.
I have added a BAT SS preamp (VK-42se) to my system. it has added body and texure to the sound of my system. BAT might be worth a try for you too.
You might try an Ayre preamp. I wouldn't call them warm but some feel they are as "tube like" as solid state gets.