best pre -amp under 4000$

Looking to for a really good 2 chanel pre amp to match my totem winds. Any suggestions?
maverick_spd
Tvad,You were straight not harsh.Harsh would be using ridiculous instead of flawed.Just the usual give and take on the Gon.Keep your stick on the ice.....and your car out the ditch.Already tired of Paul Bunyon and winter,but I digress,see you on the run T,cheers,Bob
Based on my experiences the TRL tubed preamp named the Dude will make any system sound its best. It sounds like live music.

$3500 and it easily bested every single preamp I have owned or heard in my home system by a wide margin. The other preamps sounded good, but none of them came close to the live sound of the Dude. Instrumnets sounded just like they do live.

This is why I can say with confidence it will make any system sound profoundly better. The amp/speaker compatibility is most important and all efforts should be made to get this right.

Please keep in mind I have owned a bunch of top notch preamps from Thor, CJ, Audio Note, Tom Evans, Tube Distinctions, Audio Horizons, BAT, Aloia, Placette,Supratek and others. None of them came close to the live performance I experience from the Dude. Uncanny and unique. So unique in this way.

Bill
OK for the time being i have a Anthem mca 50. The reason i was asking for a pre-amp before hand was that im debating to go with a Bryston 4b sst because bang for the buck i think it gives the most power. But i was also interested in Mac mc 252. I know i know 2 totaly different amps. Unless i can find a sweet deal on a Mc 252 i will probably go with Bryston for the time being.
I have looked at simaudio p5.3 which is suppose to be a nice match to the bryston. Sorry for the lack of info guys.
Thanks for the replies though.
Post removed 
For that money you can get the Modwright SWP-9SE with phono section. It's magnificent.