best pre -amp under 4000$

Looking to for a really good 2 chanel pre amp to match my totem winds. Any suggestions?
maverick_spd

Showing 2 responses by maverick_spd

OK for the time being i have a Anthem mca 50. The reason i was asking for a pre-amp before hand was that im debating to go with a Bryston 4b sst because bang for the buck i think it gives the most power. But i was also interested in Mac mc 252. I know i know 2 totaly different amps. Unless i can find a sweet deal on a Mc 252 i will probably go with Bryston for the time being.
I have looked at simaudio p5.3 which is suppose to be a nice match to the bryston. Sorry for the lack of info guys.
Thanks for the replies though.
Thanks for your help Tvad and Grannying. I honestly prefer the sound of the Mac over the Bryston. Its warmer and smoother.
Ok Tvad here is a question for you. If i was to stay with my Mca 50 for time being and wanted to match up a 2 chanel preamp with it wat would you recomend. Here is my delema that got me started on this journy, a mth ago i bought a bryston 4b sst and thought it would give me a better punch out of my winds. But the issue was not there. My buddy brought over his 2 channel preamp and BooM! the music was so much louder played on his preamp then my AVM 30. I have now bypassed all my processing and running direct on my digital playbacks, but stil not as loud as my friends preamp. Thus the reason why i was looking for a new preamp.