New Bel Canto Gear at RMAF

Anyone have a chance to hear the new Bel Canto amplification at RMAF? I understand they have a Mk II version of the Ref 1000's and some new mono amps. I'd be interested in hearing impressions.
dodgealum
Hello Jasper,

I do not own Bel Canto switching amps. (I did in the past). However, I have audutioned Reference 1000 Mk2 in the same system I auditioned Mk1 - the difference was dramatic (for my ears, tastes etc)

Thank you
Hi DOB,
Yes I agree thtt I can't have a personal (emphasis on personal) opinion until I've had a listen for myself. But they don't sell them around my neck of the woods (Montreal) and the only way to hear one is to buy one. But a topic of discussion and dispute amongst audiophiles are just like the one between us. Shaddap until ya hear for yaself. But if I've never read anything bad about this amp either from owners and the hi end press there must be something about this. Everybody can't be B.S.ing all the time. So yes my curiosity is piqued and I doubt that I will be dissapointed when I do have a listen. Now, another thing I'm picking up is that preamp match up is also critical. I'm not sure my Krell KTC is the best match. A friend of a friend of a friend.. here we go again...said that he went thru the same quest as you. You've settled on a Joule-Electra preamp, he with a Supratek (I don't know which model), and apparently (hearesay again) he's ecstatic.
Hello Hifipete, I agree with you that Supratek has similar charecter to Joule-Electra new preamplifier, LA-300ME but its not "there" yet. Joule-Electra always was famous for its deep articulated bass (read Golden Ear Award by HP last year) but this preamp should be even better.

Also, I don't have any disput with you - on the contrary, I am in agreement with you that ahy amp must hea heard, first of all and its manufacturer reputation for reliability and customer support must be fully investigated.

I probably, worded. my opinion poorly and I am sorry if it appeared that I am in disagreement with you

All The Best
Rafael
Considering the MkII upgrade to Ref 1000, no local distributor to audition. Would like to hear more from those who have the oppportunity to do a direct comparison. Kal, when can we expect your article to be published?
I will be starting to break in a pair of Bel Canto Ref 1000 Mk2 monos very shortly. I will post my findings on Audiogon in the form of a new review thread after I reach the 1000 hours breakin mark. I won't be able to compare to the Mk.1 version because I do not have the older version at hand. I will use the JRDG 312 as a benchmark instead. Guido