Monoblocks, Speaker Placement?

Hi, this may be a really stupid question, but with regards to soundstaging, or the sound in general, is speaker placement a lot "trickier" with monoblocks than with an integrated?

I don't want to start thinking that's it's the powercords....or power conditioning....

Thanks.
elf73
I disagree with shorest spkr cables, unless it's minimum 8ft. However, among the benefits of monos is total spearation of L/R signals. Depending on what you had before, you may need to play with speaker positioning
I agree with Tweak. I once had CJ P12 monoblocks and put them very close to Wilson Witt 2 with about 6 inches of Kimber 8TC. Horrible, resolution went up but very bright and edgy. With longer lengths it was excellent.
Herman and Tweak:

Interesting.... I've had better luck with my Maggies on shorter cables and my monoblocks (Cary Six Pacs). Is there anything that you can attribute the longer length to? Perhaps any distortion caused by proximity of the amp to the speaker itself? Interested to know....
I suppose a better response would have been that my experience mirrors Tweaks. My one test is by no means definitive and it wouldn't suprise me that the opposite would be true in some cases. I did consider the vibration factor but had no way to test it. I suppose as always there are a lot of variables and few definitives in this hobby.
Speaker placement is no more or less difficult or important with mono amps. What can be important is amp placement. If you are tempted to place the amps on the floor by the speakers, get down on your hands and knees and listen to the sound in various places at amplifier height. Right between the speakers will usually be the most boomy, and a poor place to site the amps. This boom will result in high resonance to the circuits, especially important if using tubes. Also, behind the speakers is usually a poor choice. I found the quietest place to be closer to the speaker and right near it rather than behind or in front.