Are Theta amps made by Ayre ?

I am looking to buy a theta 5 channel amp, I was told that they are made by Ayre, I am very impressed by Ayre amps, could someone shed some light on this, thanks
128x128samski
Charles- Thank you for correcting my misinformed my post. It's always nice to get correct facts direct from the source. My apologies for not getting it right the first time.
Fsarc -

No need to apologize. Only a handful of people knew the facts. Theta originally was working with a much more famous designer to design their amps, but it didn't work out. When they hired me, I wasn't that well known and so they didn't want to make a big deal about the fact that I was the designer. Then when they hired Dave Reich (a great move by the way, as he is a very talented designer as well as a super hard working guy) -- unfortunately the rumor I heard was that ATI fired him as soon as they bought Theta -- I don't know if that's actually true), they *really* didn't want to publicize the fact that I designed it. It would have seemed bizarre to have just hired an amp designer but have hired someone else to design your amps! The Citadel, Intrepid, and Enterprise were all based on the Dreadnaught circuity. At this point it's pretty much ancient history. All of that happened over ten years ago. Since then they have made some modifications to the Dreadnaught to create the Dreadnaught II and also to the Citadel to create the Citadel 1.5. Hope this helps.
If you seek a multi channel amp I would reccomend the Ayre V6 which I was very happy with until I got the MX-Rs to drive the three upfront channels. Theta never appealed to me...mainly considered their CBIII but ended up with Meridian...which in retrospect given M's lack of supporting the 861 may have been my error...but sonically I think its the best processor
Charlie,
Can you please answer a few questions for me?

The Theta Dreadnaught and Intrepid amplifiers have specifications that resemble highly regarded tube amps more than most SS amps. Is this a coincidence or did you intend for the Dreadnaught to behave much like a good tube amp.

I own the Theta Intrepid amp, which appears to be a scaled-down version of the Dreadnaught amp you designed - is it?

I like this Intrepid amp a lot more than the other amps I have owned, but I am considering an upgrade in the near future.

How do the designs of the Theta Dreadnaught/Intrepid and your Ayre V-6 amp compare?

What SQ differences would you anticipate between the Theta Dreadnaught/Intrepid and Ayre V-6?

Which 2-ch Ayre amp would most closely resemble the SQ & performance of your V-6 amp?

The reason I am asking all of these questions is because I am considering buying a 2-ch Ayre amp for my L & R channels, and using the Intrepid amp for the other 3 channels until I can afford to amplify all 5 of my speakers with your Ayre amplifiers.

Thanks in advance,
Dave